Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Puppy Dog

Unhappy Hernia :(

i need some more professional advice.. i guess maybe 'a second opinion' I took Alyusha to the vet today. And the doctor said he has a hernia.. That is normal.. But he said it should have gone away with in 6-9 days of birth. The doctor did no seem to be the best. When he went to get Alyusha on his feet he grabed him byt he skin on his back and he yelped. But what he said really worries me. I know just about ever living mamal is born with a hernia. I talked to the breeder and she said being a rottweiler such a large breed dog, then puppies will most likley have a hernia up to a year old, and just keep and eye on it. The doctor also said dont worrie about it unless he is in pain becase of it. Please help me. Tell me if this is normal, will it close up? I know its possible, i guess i just want to hear good news. because i dont want my baby to go in to surgery or die. So please give me your advice. He is 6 weeks old just so you all know.

Alyusha!!!

The puppie rottweiler