Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 05-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Felurian

Turns out that a large proportion of our spammers now are actual humans and are bypassing what filters have been put in place now.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Turns out that a large proportion of our spammers now are actual humans and are bypassing what filters have been put in place now.
Did mystery admindude take a look at the link I sent regarding the moderators approving posts by folks with less than a certain number of posts?

This one:
Prevent Spam Posts - vBulletin.org Forum

You can set a stricter filter for new members and just approve posts that get sent to the spam filter wrongly.

Many forums also have a rule in place that a new member has to have a post in an intro thread and the intro thread post has to be approved before they can post anywhere else. I'm sure something like this could be implemented here, and with the sheer amount of mods we have it shouldn't be too hard to stay on top of. Easier than continually deleting spam, anyway.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Felurian

I keep bugging him with this thread, lol His hands are a little tied with what he can do right now, but he's working on that.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Soooo really, the answer IS more people who can get rid of it Atleast temporarily

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
I keep bugging him with this thread, lol His hands are a little tied with what he can do right now, but he's working on that.
I suppose it's an FTP access issue. An admin should be able to access all backend stuff.

Again, not complaining per se, just trying to do the opposite by finding constructive solutions as opposed to I DUNNO HOW TO FIX THIS BUT DO IT.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-03-2011, 02:51 AM
Ninja Dog

Let's make this happen. I would be the best Spaminator ever.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Fishies!

What about people who are contributing but show up with advertising in their sig from their first post? I am not referring to people where making their own dog supplies, but say, including a food's tagline to all their posts.

Does that make us targeted more by advertisers if they are paid, and not banned?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Resident fainting goat

Great idea about making people make an intro thread first that must be approved, that will atleast keep it all in one place or discourage them to do the mass amounts of spam