Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-31-2005, 03:41 AM
Big Dog

Hi!

I am affraid you are right about starving artists. Some have tons of work and they draw 3 oil paintings at once some are good and can't sell a single painting.

I just started after couple years brake from pet art and so far I have found it will be hard. Marketing now a days is most importaint and if you don't have friends who will put you in magazines and help you spread across internet you will more or less sell couple a year if lucky.

I spent some money on banners and result was quite surprising.. in a month I don't know if there will maybe be 200 visits from it.. and price for one month banner costed as much as my oil painting.

I tryed to study it all a little and found that maybe from 1000 unique visits on a pet site less than 5% could actualy become orders.

Another point is prices.. some are cheap some are expensive.. people sometimes don't understand how much work one painting is.. I used to make websites (well still do but not as much) and would profit from making them more than on oil paintings but as internet grows each year there is milions of people offering webdesign and there is less and less work.. same with pet artists.

So what ever you will pick whether webdesign or painting it is not easy.. whish I could turn time back for arround 10 years and start again..

Good luck in sales.. we all need it..

Bye, Katja