Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Art and Pet Paintings

Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Agreed. I'm really anxious to see more of Amber's work.

Though I have to say constructive criticism is a very helpful thing to have as an artist and it's something I greatly appreciate. I had a charcoal workshop last weekend and the guy was pretty critical of my work. I was honestly frustrated to an extent but in the end I learned quite a bit more than I would have had he been afraid to point out where I was messing up. And my picture looks better in the end too.

I definitely think you should share your work though. Chaz has some great artists and I definitely think we all enjoy seeing each others' work and learning from it.
^^^ Yup!

We like to give constructive criticism to one another around here - that's one of the reasons I love sharing my work here. Even as a professional artist (actually, I'd say ESPECIALLY as a professional, being paid to create for others), it's important to be able to listen to people when they offer advice and polite but constructive criticisms on how to improve your work.

An artist who cannot be critical and who cannot accept constructive criticism from others will not develop very far!

On topic: Amber, hope to see an update soon!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Puppy Dog

I couldn't agree anymore. Writing just doesn't quite get it. I know Dekka really didn't pencil on it---its on my desk. (lol) So, light-heartily again; "Howda like penciling over a $400.00 dollar painting. (You know you just might like that on some works created that ya just don't understand or care for. Like a piece of music that is rythmic but the same words) I love the lighter side of life---I just don't take myself to seriously. Hope its cleared up. And appreciated your interest especially!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Felurian

There, fixed it

Always room for people who don't take themselves too seriously

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Puppy Dog

LOL Thank you! You must be my Guardian Angel. ((Hugs))

Last edited by Rural Artist; 04-13-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Add a Pic.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Puppy Dog

Still a Work In Progress. "Pittbull Ruins"

Old 04-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Puppy Dog

Can't wait to finish it and matt it and frame it.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Bored Now.

I like it to start out with, as you have a lot of good expression and eye-popping coloring, but you need to put a lot more work into your preliminary sketches to get proportions and dimensions correct. The planes of their faces are wonky, as Dekka tried to show, eyes are different sizes and angled differently, etc. None of that can really be fixed, but you can prevent it in future pieces by doing thorough sketches, starting off very light with your pencils and going over with a darker one when you've got the lines where you want them.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

THere are no mistakes is not the way I was taught, in fact, what was drilled in my head is it is wrong until it is right and I do nothing but argue with it until i get to the point were it all falls in place. I know tho that not everyone comes to their art with some crazy desire to nail down each hair as it grows and muscle as it lays or bone as it supports.. As it is I try hard not to give advice unless asked unless it is someone I know or feel i know well and know that what I could share from my experiences might help them grow and avoid some of the pitfalls I have already fallen into and hopefully fought my way out of.

I like your subject matter, your eyes are moist, and expressive, and overrall your colors work with each other. That is the postive I take from your work.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat