Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-29-2005, 03:34 PM
no touchy

Maybe you could try buying a few kongs and other puzzle toys for him and hire a neighborhood kid or somebody to take him out once or twice for short walks?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:47 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Well he is used to being alone. At the old place he had his own room. I know life is really tough and confusing for him right now and I am sure that is why he is doing what he is doing. I give him a kong filled with goodies when I leave and he is usually already in my room sleeping on his chair while I am getting ready for work. If I am gone for 2 or 3 hours there is usually no damage but when I am at work for 8 hours he must get bored. I know its tough for him because he misses his daddy right now and we have moved twice in the past 2 months. I know that is tough on him. Right now I don't have anywhere else to confine him because I can't put a gate high enough in the kitchen because of the way its built lol. It's a strange set up lol. Also the bathroom attatched to my room doesn't have a door at the moment HAHAHAHA I know that sounds so ghetto haha. My dad is now staying with me for a few months so he has taken over Teddy's old room lol so I am sure Teddy is not happy about that lol.

He wasn't destructive at the old place. Do you think its because he totally comfortable here yet? I'm pretty sure thats what his problem is.

Thank you for all your suggestions and I will be sure to try them all until I find one that works

GSG- yes he is good with other dogs he gets so upset when my mothers dog doesn't want to play with him lol he pouts. He tries his hardest to get her interested in playing but she is too cool for that haha.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-29-2005, 07:56 PM
GSDGurl

No hon I meant if Rosco would be ok.Since today he is very scared of large dogs.I know your boy is good lol.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Sheperd Gurl
No hon I meant if Rosco would be ok.Since today he is very scared of large dogs.I know your boy is good lol.

lol I realized what you meant after I posted lol. i don't blame rosco for being afraid of large dogs poor baby

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-29-2005, 09:22 PM
GSDGurl

I sure hope he comes around lol.I am getting another pup soon so he has some time to get over it.Teddy is welcome anytime.Sasha will like him lol.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:37 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Sheperd Gurl
I sure hope he comes around lol.I am getting another pup soon so he has some time to get over it.Teddy is welcome anytime.Sasha will like him lol.

Teddy would love that :d like I said before he gets so upset when my moms dog won't play with him lol. He bounces around in front of her and nudges her with his nose and she just sits there and growls at him. lol He takes it as a sign of play lol and keeps egging her on lol. She is a little shih tzu pug mix and she is a princess lol. Teddy loves her but she hates him HAHA

G.K. Chesterton

Old 10-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Walks into Mordor

I bet Teddy will be fine after things settle. Poor baby, he's still all confused.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:14 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress
I bet Teddy will be fine after things settle. Poor baby, he's still all confused.
Do you have any tips for helping settle him in and making him more comfortable? That would really help me out lol.

G.K. Chesterton