Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-02-2011, 02:16 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
If he has not been right, take him in. Get a blood panel. Demand that something is NOT right, and do not be told it is nothing. Allie's Palom was "just not right" after he got sick with the flu, and we thought he was on the mend. He was euthanised a month later.

Honestly, if it is bugging her that much, the teeth cleaning needs to be done now. I almost wonder though, if the kibble is getting stuck in her upper jaw, hence the pawing? So she is trying to wet her jaw first to make it not stick? Can you try some duck soup, and see if she still grinds?

Also, if the duck soup stops her from grinding/pawing, it may be something in the root of her teeth, meaning she may need a tooth extraction.
Ooh, good idea. I hadn't thought of seeing if soup would stop the issue. If something is wrong with her mouth, I'm assuming it is a tooth problem, not a sore/gingivitis problem. So I'm going in to it expecting that she'll need something pulled. Since she'll be under, I'm also going to have them do an ultrasound/xray/whatever before hand to make sure it isn't a partial blockage.

I'm going to get another blood panel done on Dameon as well, I just have to figure out how to pay for it. I think he might be acting a bit "off" just because his spleen still seems to be larger than normal (it got HUGE when he was sick), but I don't know. He had bloodwork done when I took him to the e-vet, and all of his values were good besides his blood cell count (I'm thinking he was anemic...?). I'm going to get Rinnie taken care of first and then go from there.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Love My Mutt <3

If it does stop it, atleast soup is a balanced diet and she can eat that for a bit and buy you more time if you need it

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-02-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
If it does stop it, atleast soup is a balanced diet and she can eat that for a bit and buy you more time if you need it
All I can say is FERRETS.

They pick the worst times to need medical care. I'll be just peachy finance wise once summer hits, because I'll be working 35 hours a week instead of 10 hours a week. Even after this month I'll be okay, because I'm working 35 hours over spring break and then 17 hours a week the rest of the month. And I'm starting up as a research assistant again, so that will give me an extra $100 a month or so. They just all have to have problems now when I'm broke as all heck!

Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Well yahhh, they make life fun that way!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM

Rinnie will be going in for her teeth cleaning on Monday. Depending on how Dameon is doing and how much her procedure is going to cost will depend on whether or not he goes in over spring break or no. So cross your fingers that he gets feeling better.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:11 PM
treehugging clicker freak

fingers crossed!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 PM

Default Update and question...

So, the verdict about Rinnie is that nothing is wrong with her. *face palm*

The meds didn't help when we treated her for stomach ulcers/bacterial infection.

The vet did an xray and palpated her abdomen, and there was nothing unusual about any of it. The xray didn't show anything, she's pooping, and she showed no pain signs when she was being palpated (nor was their anything felt).

So we did the dental. Besides some icky tarter, her teeth are in perfect shape. No exposed roots, no nothing.

And she is still teeth grinding, mouth pawing, and face rubbing!! Ugh! Is she just being stupid, or could something be wrong that I'm not thinking off? Every single thing I have had checked comes up just peachy. She's just acting like an idiot.
_________

And, Dameon has perked up. I think I was just interacting with him during his sleepy times, because when I was home sick Thursday and Friday he was as active as always. Which makes me feel oodles better.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Maybe there's an irritant, like an allergy to something that she's eating or coming into close contact with? That's so weird, it just doesn't sound very "normal" for a ferret to be grinding teeth and pawing at their mouth like that. Maybe sinuses? I don't know... maybe Jess will know

Though, I wouldn't put it past a ferret to learn what behaviors get your attention the fastest

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o