Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Bored Now.

Isn't he gorgeous? He was from a BYB, and another equally good-looking Chi came in with him from a kill shelter. They were saved from almost being put to sleep because they were "too small" and "too shy."

When there are dogs in rescue near you that are better looking than your own dogs, and you're only breeding for looks anyway, you need to stop f*cking breeding.

On behalf of the people that are going to be spending their money spaying/neutering and adopting out the dogs that you've bred after they get dumped at a shelter, please just stop breeding. We love dogs, but we are so tired of kennel-blind people like you who just have to breed their dogs because "they're cute" and "everyone wants them."
Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 PM
HappyTrailChihuahuas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
To the OP, just to let you know when I mentioned I was a breeder when I joined I got a lot of questions based on my website too. If you have nothing to hide and have real answers you have nothing to worry about.

We are all just passionate dog lovers here and many of us work in rescue and hate to see dogs produced who are no different than those who die every day for lack of homes.
You are right. I have nothing to fear, because I'm doing nothing wrong or underhanded.

I don't mind answering honest legitimate questions. I do have a problem with people that prejudge and make assumptions not based on facts. The way most of the questions here were framed, says a lot about the character of the one asking. They don't really want to get informed, they want to bash other folks based on the narrow minded beliefs. They claim they are "passionate dog lovers", but are throwing rocks at others that are spending their time and money to help save and rescue animals. Yes I breed Chis. I don't hide that, there is no reason to do so. We find new homes for Chis in need at about 4-6 times the amount of pups we sell. Because we breed we can only be the "bad guys"? I feel sorry for those with such bitterness. They are nothing more than sanctimonious hypocrites.

Example: SizzleDog, when are you going to stop beating your dogs? The way the question is framed it is really making a statement rather than an honest inquiry. Its design is to do injury to his reputation not get informed or help with a situation.

Another: why is your main worry if they will cost you money in vet bills? Same as the first example. It is really stating that all I am concerned about is money. It also implies I don't care about the dog. Questions like this put people in a very bad light, intentionally. They are not based on any factual knowledge the one asking it has. Its only intent is to put down someone or lift themselves up in others eyes.

Sorry, but I have better thing to do than debate foolish questions with foolish people, like rescue Chihuahuas.

Steve Nearman
Hally Trail Chihuahuas
Fredericksburg, VA
Old 03-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNear View Post
You are right. I have nothing to fear, because I'm doing nothing wrong or underhanded.

I don't mind answering honest legitimate questions. I do have a problem with people that prejudge and make assumptions not based on facts. The way most of the questions here were framed, says a lot about the character of the one asking. They don't really want to get informed, they want to bash other folks based on the narrow minded beliefs. They claim they are "passionate dog lovers", but are throwing rocks at others that are spending their time and money to help save and rescue animals. Yes I breed Chis. I don't hide that, there is no reason to do so. We find new homes for Chis in need at about 4-6 times the amount of pups we sell. Because we breed we can only be the "bad guys"? I feel sorry for those with such bitterness. They are nothing more than sanctimonious hypocrites.

Example: SizzleDog, when are you going to stop beating your dogs? The way the question is framed it is really making a statement rather than an honest inquiry. Its design is to do injury to his reputation not get informed or help with a situation.

Another: why is your main worry if they will cost you money in vet bills? Same as the first example. It is really stating that all I am concerned about is money. It also implies I don't care about the dog. Questions like this put people in a very bad light, intentionally. They are not based on any factual knowledge the one asking it has. Its only intent is to put down someone or lift themselves up in others eyes.

Sorry, but I have better thing to do than debate foolish questions with foolish people, like rescue Chihuahuas.

Steve Nearman
Hally Trail Chihuahuas
Fredericksburg, VA
Except I don't beat my dogs, and I'm a responsible breeder who does complete health testing, titles before I breed, AND makes breeding decisions aimed at improving the breed as a whole. And I still foster and volunteer through a legitimate 501c3 rescue organization.

I am not "putting you down" - I am merely making an educated observation upon seeing your breeding stock on your website and your ads on puppy-peddling sites. No titles, no health testing, breeding dogs too young to health test and irresponsible rehoming practices of the dogs you "rescue."

I'm not making this stuff up - it's right there, on your website and on the puppy-selling sites.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Except I don't beat my dogs, and I'm a responsible breeder who does complete health testing, titles before I breed, AND makes breeding decisions aimed at improving the breed as a whole. And I still foster and volunteer through a legitimate 501c3 rescue organization.

I am not "putting you down" - I am merely making an educated observation upon seeing your breeding stock on your website and your ads on puppy-peddling sites. No titles, no health testing, breeding dogs too young to health test and irresponsible rehoming practices of the dogs you "rescue."

I'm not making this stuff up - it's right there, on your website and on the puppy-selling sites.
Pesky thing that logic and reason huh?

So Steve, what's your excuse ... um.. reason for not doing any health testing and pumping out litters or pet quality dogs?
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 03-04-2011, 04:56 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
So Steve, what's your excuse ... um.. reason for not doing any health testing and pumping out litters or pet quality dogs?
I too would like to know this.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 AM
HappyTrailChihuahuas

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I too would like to know this.
Once again you have made a false assumption. When you see a glass it must always be half empty.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Just try me..

Ok so just what heath testing do you do? If you do in fact do health testing why is it not in the databases, nor on your site? (see not making any assumptions here...)
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Lord Cynical

What is so hard about answering the question?

Do you health test or not? If you do, where is the proof?

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Once again you have made a false assumption. When you see a glass it must always be half empty.
WTF? I agreed with the question being asked. I want to know why you don't health test and why you are producing pet quality puppies? You ADMIT to doing both, how am I assuming anything?

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
You don't health test.
You don't have heart, eyes or patella clearance on any of your dogs. That's the minimum recommendation for Chihuahuas. I'm not assuming, I looked your dogs up since you list their registration # and info on your site.

Your only requirement for bitches recieving your stud services is that they weigh more than 3.5 pounds and it not be their first heat. Pardon me while I crane my neck to check out those oh so high standards.

Basically, from what I can see after perusing your website, you don't give a crap about what you breed or what you produce.

Trying to distract from the topic at hand (health testing) by accusing me of making assumptions and being a pessimist doesn't change the fact that you're a BYB puppy producer.

SO. Let me ask again. What are your reasons for not health testing the dogs you breed and pumping out litter after litter of pet quality pups?

How do you know its not YOUR dogs ending up in shelters and rescues? You state you have a $1500 damage fee if the dog is not returned to you, "if you find out". Who's going to tell you?! Certainly not the puppy buyer! So you don't keep up with puppy buyers, is that what you're saying?
~Suzanne Clothier