Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 02-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Default 9/52: Favourites

ALL PICTURES MUST BE TAKEN THIS WEEK. FEB 26 - MARCH 4, 2011
Let's see your dogs favourite thing! Whether it be a favourite toy, favourite treat, or favourite person, anything works!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13

Last edited by Baxter'smybaby; 02-26-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Ack! I still haven't done the paw!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Lord Cynical

Ada's favorite person. Actually, the only person she likes at all.... Steve is her favorite person by default!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Because I am smart and forgot to put it in the OP, ALL PICTURES MUST BE TAKEN THIS WEEK. FEB 26 - MARCH 4, 2011.

If a mod wants to add that in the first post, awesome.. if not, then it is here LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-26-2011, 10:00 PM
and Fozzie B!

Aww... Ada! I would be her favorite if she knew me...

I need to figure out how to capture Fozzie with his laser. This fool is obsessed with it, even though I never let him chase it because he screams like a banshee! He still knows exactly where it is on the counter and his tail wags insanely if I even pause at that spot for a second.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
I need to figure out how to capture Fozzie with his laser. This fool is obsessed with it, even though I never let him chase it because he screams like a banshee! He still knows exactly where it is on the counter and his tail wags insanely if I even pause at that spot for a second.
Are you talking about a laser pointer?? You probably know this, but those can cause severe psychological problems in dogs.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Ok, took this tonight

This is the picture I'd like to submit

But this for reference, is the toy. It's a pterodactyl, but we call it her "birdie".
Old 02-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Are you talking about a laser pointer?? You probably know this, but those can cause severe psychological problems in dogs.
They don't "cause" it but they can make a dog obsessed with lights.

I play with a laser with Gavroche too and he's not some psychotic beast that will murder me in my sleep and steal my flashlight. It's definitely his FAVORITE thing. Or a flashlight. Or a cell phone. But he doesn't sit and obsess over things all day. When the game's over the game's over. It's all about moderation.

Eventually I will train Logan laser retrieves. He's not going to flip out on me because I take out a laser pointer.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
They don't "cause" it but they can make a dog obsessed with lights.

I play with a laser with Gavroche too and he's not some psychotic beast that will murder me in my sleep and steal my flashlight. It's definitely his FAVORITE thing. Or a flashlight. Or a cell phone. But he doesn't sit and obsess over things all day. When the game's over the game's over. It's all about moderation.

Eventually I will train Logan laser retrieves. He's not going to flip out on me because I take out a laser pointer.
They can make a dog obsessed with lights, but they can also cause other OCD issues, increased anxiety, panic attacks, and I believe "hallucinations" (but I'm not positive on that, and don't know much about hallucinations in dogs).

If you know your dog and know they can handle a laser/light game fine, that's all well and good...but if a dog is "screaming like a banshee" when they see a laser and gets excited as soon as they think their owner might be picking up the laser, it's definitely potentially damaging to continue using one with a dog like that,

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Water Junkie

Hey guys, could we please keep this thread about the pictures? Thanks!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l