Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Top Dog

I agree, a 20 minute walk for a Beagle isn't nearly enough exercise. That is a hunting dog who can go for hours. You need to find him another outlet for his energy, like lots of rough and tumble play outside, letting him run in a fenced area, stuff like that.

The other thing is- crate him! A dog will never damage your house if he's crated when you are not around. Our pug is almost 4 and still stays in his crate at night. He will go there to get away from the other dogs, it's his private little place. Our GSD pup is 8 months, he's never eaten anything because he's supervised and if he can't be with one of us, he's crated. The only one we don't crate is our 12 year old but she was crated for about 3 years because she'd chew stuff like table legs.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDMom
does this only happen while your away? maybe it's seperation anxiety?
this doesn't only happened when I am away, it happens all the time right in front of me, i just say no, and spray bitter apple on the thing he was chewing.

Thanks everyone for all the advice.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Active Pup

oh also, GSDMom, the suggestion you made about the cold face cloth, not only would my dog chew on it, but he would end up biting pieces off and Swallowing it.

i dont know why my dog does this but ever since he could rip blankets and cloths apart he would swallow them.