Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Top Dog

That is great glad things are going well. Can you clarify something for me? What do you mean that 'the only thing you have to do now is train directionals'? And what do you mean by a spin?

Thanks
Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
That is great glad things are going well. Can you clarify something for me? What do you mean that 'the only thing you have to do now is train directionals'? And what do you mean by a spin?

Thanks
Turning left and right on command. My trainer suggested I get her used to it by getting her to spin in a circle for her ball. She won't do that, it feels unnatural to her. So what I have done is picked up two traffic cones and I am shaping her around those and using hand signals to get her left and right command up. It seems to be working much better for her. She is a very tangible dog and needs to "see" what I mean. I hope that make sense.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 02-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

ah ok, now know what you are talking about. You can also use poles laying on the ground like a channel, sometimes that helps too of course once you have a little bit of distance doing it.
Personally I can't use R/L bc I always mix them up and doing on course at speed would be a huge mess lol.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

lol I am the same way Ado. I'd be like "Left! No, the other left! I meant your left! Crap, RIGHT!"

Meg knows "flip", which means "turn away from me". Her name means turn towards me. That I can remember on course.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Just try me..

BB that is pretty much exactly what Dekka knows, though her cue is 'turn'. And I too use her name to come here. So far I have never messed it up. And its has worked well in trials.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:11 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

You guys are geniuses! Why didn't I think of channels? That is so much easier. Right now I am training her to back up and to put her back feet up on things.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/