Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Owned by Rottweilers

Oh dear god they have a branch in JHB <3 I love you

ETA: R10 pricing difference on meals for JHB though, I'm thinking buying from the super market will work out cheaper per/kg, also not as big a range of stuff D: I are sad puppeh but will contact them regardless. Thanks <3

Disclaimer: Current avatar was found on Google, I don't own the image
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Top Dog

I am a breeder and I have never required my puppy people to feed specific brands of food. I do, however, go over the differences between food quality and give them a list of recommended foods plus a list of AAFCO's food definitions to help select better quality foods. As someone said earlier, if I can't trust someone to take proper care of their pet then I wouldn't let them have a puppy in the first place.

As a buyer, I would never obtain a puppy from a breeder who required me to feed a specific brand, even if they were co-owner. If you want that much control, keep the dog yourself. I'll go elsewhere.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
F150 and a .30-06

It also comes down to finding a breeder you are comfortable with. There are a few great breeders out there, which both breed, who, I love their dogs and would love one, but I wont touch them with a 10 foot pole. I am not comfortable with them personally and contract wise. Are they bad breeders? No, jut not a good fit for me.

No breeder is going to do everything 100% perfect for everyone out there. It comes down to finding one you can live with and deal with.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show