Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Island dweller

Default advice

This is a post from another forum that I go to. I don't know what to tell her and I thought you guys might have some advice. Any ideas?

"my dachshund has a skin problem on the bottom of his ears, they have this thick skin at the bottom and around the under side of them. *Doesn't seem to itch or bother him at all. *Dry thick scab like.
Had him to the vet and its not ring worm or mange. *Vet gave me LymDyp. * Indication: For treatment of non-spesific dermatoses antiparasitc activity. *I have been using once a week for 6 to 8 weeks and the only thing it seems to have done is dry it out and make it white in color. *I am interested in anyones input on this, remedies and what else it may be. *My next step is maybe a blood test to see if it is a hormonal skin disease. *I'd like to try a home remedy, but really don't have any idea of what to try."
Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Felurian

That's a strange sounding affliction! If it's the same on both ears it would be odd for it to be a parasite. It sounds more like an internal allergic reaction to something. Has anything in the dogs environment changed recently?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Island dweller

I will ask and if I ever hear a reply I will let you know. (the pet part of that forum is not that active)
Old 01-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Island dweller

This is what she replied:

"I don't know if he is allergic to anything, the vet didn't even mention anything to me about that but will check into that. *No nothing has changed in his enviornment and I haven't changed his food or anything. *I have been battling it for a long time I would say at least since the summer months. *It is very frustrating. *Thanks for the advice."
Old 01-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Taco Dog

How old is the dog? This could be just old-age warts coming up. If not, she should apply some Vaseline or Neosporin to it. It could be just some bacterial infection that could go away on its own, especially if it isn't bothering the dog.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 01-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Felurian

Summer months makes me wonder if it's a fungal/yeast infection. Why don't you give her "the Site"

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian