Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
Nickname/Preferred name: elegy, katie

about your dog(s): Luce AKA Eeevil red dog AKA best dog in the whole world. Pit bull. 8 years old. My heart.
Mushroom. Pit bull. 8 years old. Couch-holder-downer supreme. The Good dog.
Steve. Border Collie. 2 years old. Flyball guru. Absolutely insane.

Interests: dog sports, blogging, books

Favorite music: alternative-ish. hair bands. old school tori amos.

Favorite book: The Giver by Lois Lowry

Favorite quote: "That's why I want to speak to you now. To say: No person, trying to take responsibility for her or his identity, should have to be so alone. There must be those among whom we can sit down and weep and still be counted as warriors. (I make up this strange, angry packet for you, threaded with love.) I think you thought there was no such place for you, and perhaps there was not then, and perhaps there is none now, but we will have to make it, we who want an end to suffering, who want to change the laws of history, if we are not to give ourselves away." -- Adrienne Rich

Photo:

You do NOT look 32!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm All Ears

Nickname/Preferred name: Lauren, Laur

Occupation: currently unemployed but working on becoming a high school math teacher

about your dog(s): Summer- 6 year old papillon. Sweet, kind of OCD, but wonderful.
Mia- almost 2 year old papillon. She's kinda crazy.

Other 3 resident papillons- Beau, Rose, and Bernard

Interests: dogs, agility, art, music, reading, writing, stuff...

Favorite music: Rock and alt rock.

Favorite book: Too many to count! The Count of Monte Cristo is way up there though.

This is old, but is the easiest one for me to find:

Old 01-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

Laurelin, that is such an awesome picture of you and Mia.

Usually when Mitch looks at me like that, it means he's going to "kissy-bite" my face.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Navy Sister

Nickname/Preferred name: Eh, whatever. I have many names and don't have a preference.

about your dog(s):
Miss Molly, a 2 year old who-knows-what-kind-of-mix (looks kind of like a black lab/spaniel to me). Good at fetching, swimming, and licking your face. Has gotten better this past year at keeping all 4 paws on the ground. Still can't take a nice, calm walk, and is still scared of people.

Hailey or "Buttons" (she's going by both these days), a 3 year old boxer/pitbull mix (supposedly. I have serious doubts). Good at being an alarm dog, cleaning up anything that falls on the floor, and snuggling. Bad at meeting new dogs and enjoys harassing the resident cat, Pita.

Pita, who's name stands for Pain In The A**, is a 10 year old American Alley Cat who often deserves to be harassed.

Interests: Adoption, animals, cooking, camping, hiking, swimming, fishing, vegetable gardening, hobby farming, anything to do with my hubby

Favorite music: I like a wide range: country, classic rock, new age, pop/top 40, some hip-hop. I'm not a hard rock or rap fan.

Favorite book: Don't have a favorite right now, but I have been reading a lot more since I'd been out of school. I recently finished "20 things adoptive parents need to succeed" by Sherrie Eldridge and am currently working my way through "Parenting your Internationally adopted child" by Patty Cogen.

Favorite quote: It can be found in my signature

Pic of me on Christmas, sporting a fabulous hat and scarf that was hand-made and given to me by my big sister. She's so talented! That's my hubby behind me.

knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Ho ho ho off.

I think this pic sums me up a lot better than the last one. I had no idea my mouth was so huge

**** phone won't give me the right link. Have to wait till I'm on the lappy!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-22-2011, 12:08 PM
just call me Nilly

I recently posted a pic in the 2010 thread, and didn't have any decent pictures of me from 2011 yet, so I took one this morning.

Julia. Still 26, but not for long. Married to Matt. Still working at a natural pet supply store and Sierra often comes to work with me. Just bought a house!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 01-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Wild At Heart

Nickname/Preferred name: Nikki

Occupation: Currently unemployed, working on getting my degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant, as well as a Canine PT.

about your dog(s): Harleigh, 23 months. Sweet & awesome personality, but a little bit on the crazy side

Interests: dogs, Florida Gators, football, hiking, swimming, agility, hanging out w/ friends, sports in general, dock diving, listening to music, etc.

Favorite music: I'm not picky, but I mostly listen to Christian and Country. I've got a bit of everything on my iPod though.

Favorite book: Hmmm, not sure. I have quite a few!

bff emily, caleb (my pastors kid) and myself trying to stay warm. lol (taken last night at the district championship soccer game)

Harleigh <3
Old 01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Nickname/Preferred name: I prefer to be called by my full name, Samantha but thats not really a nickname lol. So Pixie or Sam I suppose.

about your dog(s): Maggie May ( American Cocker Spaniel), Sawyer (Labrador Retriever), and Morrison (Lab/Beagle). All of which keep me sane.

Interests: music, film, animals, training, holistic health, painting, writing, art, and reading.

Favorite music: Love any and all. But my favorite bands and songs airn't very popular. So indie music.

Favorite book: Watership Down by Richard Adams

Favorite quote: Too many to pick a favorite

My nerdy self............

Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Top Dog

Nickname/Preferred name: Grace, but I also go by "Rei" among some. I am fine with "Equinox" or any form of the name, really.

Student, but also an assistant educator at an education center in math for four years now.

About your dog(s): Trent will be 2 years old next month in February, and my very first dog. He's a German Shepherd and a whole lot of dog - best described as some form of manic squirrel x piranha x shark x bear (half grizzly, half teddy) cross in a German Shepherd costume. Best dog I could ever ask for.

Interests:
Dogs (of course), music, fashion, photography (interest... doesn't mean I'm any good at it!).

Favorite music: Varies... a LOT! I like some forms of alternative, some metal, some old classics, some current, my music taste is all over the place. I also usually like individual songs more than I like musical artists/bands.

Favorite book: The Art of Racing in the Rain, Merle's Door, If Bones Would Rain From the Sky, The Poisonwood Bible, The Truth About Forever,

Favorite quote(s):
"We must shatter the mirrors.We must look in to ourselves and root out the distortions until that thing which we know in our hearts is perfect and true, stands before us."
- Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain

“Do not go gentle into that good night; Rage, rage against the dying of the light”
– Dylan Thomas

Old 01-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Let it be

Considering I wear this shirt just about all the freaking time (common, who doesn't love the Ramones?) I thought this would be the most typical photo of me.

Closed Thread