Vick tells reporters he wants a dog again

Truthfully, as repugnant, repulsive and reprehensible as Vick is, Pacelle is worse -- and far more dangerous, especially when you consider he's responsible for the deaths of far more "Pit Bulls" than Vick could even dream of killing.

Gypsydals

No I don't think he should be allowed to own another dog/pet. ANY other convicted animal abuser would not be allowed to have another pet. So why should he be allowed?

Tahla9999

And I bet those dogs didn't want to be torture, but I guess you can't always get what you want.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Truthfully, as repugnant, repulsive and reprehensible as Vick is, Pacelle is worse -- and far more dangerous, especially when you consider he's responsible for the deaths of far more "Pit Bulls" than Vick could even dream of killing.
Renee, I've never heard of Pacelle before. I've picked up pieces from your posts in this thread, but for my ignorant self (who's tired and having trouble catching on to things) can you explain who he is and what he did?

Wayne Pacelle is the head of H$U$ -- the people who brought you the slaughter of Wildside dogs and puppies, of Floyd Boudreaux's kennel, because, after all, a "Pit Bull" puppy can't be "rehabilitated," but a sadistic, sociopathic, torturing killing machine can . . . especially if he has a potential to contribute millions to H$U$.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Wayne Pacelle is the head of H$U$ -- the people who brought you the slaughter of Wildside dogs and puppies, of Floyd Boudreaux's kennel, because, after all, a "Pit Bull" puppy can't be "rehabilitated," but a sadistic, sociopathic, torturing killing machine can . . . especially if he has a potential to contribute millions to H$U$.
The head of HSUS? You could have stopped there. Ugh. :(
^this...

btw... Sort of off topic, but not entirely... I just noticed this article... not sure if it's been posted on Chaz yet or not...
Obama calls Eagles owner to congratulate him for signing Vick - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I love how they chose a picture of Obama playing with his dog to represent the article... oy vey

Miakoda

Nope. No more dogs for him.

And my stance isn't from the dogfighting issue, but rather form his outright cruelty performed at his hands onto the dogs that just weren't up to his liking. Maybe this will come out wrong, but here goes: if he wanted to stick with dogfighting for the sport and/or for the love of the dogs, he would have culled his dogs quickly and humanely and buried them and be done with it. But instead he purposefully chose to torture them and try out "new" or old inhumane methods and vary them up from dog to dog. That implies he has faaaaaaaar worse issues than being a "dogfighter".

If his daughter wants a dog then it needs when she's living under someone else's care. He needs to worry about doing is job, paying back all those he owes, and keeping his hands clean. That's it. That's his life now.

Miakoda

That's because "pit bulls" are vicious and in the end it's all their fault. Humans are superior and obviously incapable of being the one's at fault. Hell, I'm surprised Pacelle didn't blame the whole thing on the pit bulls themselves. It's their fault they did this to themselves. :rolleyes:

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Nope. No more dogs for him.

And my stance isn't from the dogfighting issue, but rather form his outright cruelty performed at his hands onto the dogs that just weren't up to his liking. Maybe this will come out wrong, but here goes: if he wanted to stick with dogfighting for the sport and/or for the love of the dogs, he would have culled his dogs quickly and humanely and buried them and be done with it. But instead he purposefully chose to torture them and try out "new" or old inhumane methods and vary them up from dog to dog. That implies he has faaaaaaaar worse issues than being a "dogfighter".

If his daughter wants a dog then it needs when she's living under someone else's care. He needs to worry about doing is job, paying back all those he owes, and keeping his hands clean. That's it. That's his life now.

:thumbup:

stafinois

Professional Nerd
That's because "pit bulls" are vicious and in the end it's all their fault. Humans are superior and obviously incapable of being the one's at fault. Hell, I'm surprised Pacelle didn't blame the whole thing on the pit bulls themselves. It's their fault they did this to themselves. :rolleyes:

I agree that Wayne Pacelle is a douchebag, but some of the blame of the destruction of those dogs do go on the breeders. Floyd wasn't exactly hiding where some of his dogs were ending up. Ed Faron was the king of stupid. Not only did he walk into that trap willingly, I've seen dogs bought directly from him in DOG PARKS. That guy would sell to anybody with the cash whether they be undercover cops or clueless idiots.

Maybe the dogmen should be battering down the hatches, and NOT selling and advertising to the public. I see that Tom Garner has THIRTEEEN litters listed on his page. Who needs thirteen litters at a time unless they are a puppy mill? To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't been busted yet. I know that his dogs aren't all going to pet homes, and if they are, that almost depresses me more than the alternative.

Honesty I can't believe Vick would even dare ask to have another dog...after all the torture and trauma he put those poor dogs through! NO animal big or small should ever have to endure that sort of torture....

Miakoda

I agree that Wayne Pacelle is a douchebag, but some of the blame of the destruction of those dogs do go on the breeders. Floyd wasn't exactly hiding where some of his dogs were ending up. Ed Faron was the king of stupid. Not only did he walk into that trap willingly, I've seen dogs bought directly from him in DOG PARKS. That guy would sell to anybody with the cash whether they be undercover cops or clueless idiots.

Maybe the dogmen should be battering down the hatches, and NOT selling and advertising to the public. I see that Tom Garner has THIRTEEEN litters listed on his page. Who needs thirteen litters at a time unless they are a puppy mill? To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't been busted yet. I know that his dogs aren't all going to pet homes, and if they are, that almost depresses me more than the alternative.
I don't know Ed personally or Garner.

But I did know and do know Floyd. And in the end, I still don't believe one can be held responsible for what their dog does under someone else's ownership 3 years removed. It's the same reason I don't find fault with gun manufacturers when they are sued all because someone used a Magnum .357 to kill someone else.

Floyd had nothing to hide. Nothing "incriminating" was found at his house. I still find it humorous that they bragged about his "fighting roosters" and some "steroids" when cockfighting was perfectly legal and those steroids were a prescription for Predisone...for a human. Yeah, um...corticosteroids aren't the same thing as anabolic steroids thus they would have no affect on getting a dog, or bird, into fighting shape (but then again, it's common knowledge that 'roids makes a dog run hot and dehydrate quickly, so why would anyone with a brain want that?) And his treadmill? A rusty junkheap that wouldn't work unless the Lord himself had fixed it.

In this case, Laura Maloney wanted fame. And she got it. Too bad it wasn't the kind she was looking for. But in the end, a man lost his dogs.....a couple who died of heat stroke in the holding vans because the vans weren't running. Talk about justice. :rolleyes:

Floyd deserved his acquittal. There was no evidence other than the trumped up stuff by the LA-SPCA and the HSUS which magically never appeared after the raid took place. But then again, I don't think that was truly ever the point. The point of the raid was to break the man and kill his dogs and try to put an end to the bloodline. They got 1 out of 3.

I feel the same way. I can understand why someone would fight dogs. I don't condone, think highly of, or even respect it, but i can understand it, how an otherwise "normal" person could be involved in that type of activity.

I also understand that only a sick person, with views much more perverted and disturbing than I could rationalize a normal person having could hook them to batteries and throw them into pools of water to watch them struggle and die. A sick person beats their heads into the ground for fun. A sick person hangs the dogs so he can get enjoyment by watching them slowly die and fight for their lives.

he doesn't deserve another dog, but I can see it happening. The SPCA will be all for it, cause they can use him to further their cause.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Maybe I'm just stirring the pot, but if Ben Rothlesberger is allowed to date, then Michael Vick should be allowed to have a dog :popcorn:

Romy

Taxiderpy
Maybe I'm just stirring the pot, but if Ben Rothlesberger is allowed to date, then Michael Vick should be allowed to have a dog :popcorn:
Any woman dumb enough to date Rothlesberger is doing it of her own free will. The dog has no control over who brings it home. It's stuck for life or until its human gets sick of it.

ETA: He also wasn't accused of electrocuting any women to death or beating their heads in until they died.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Any woman dumb enough to date Rothlesberger is doing it of her own free will. The dog has no control over who brings it home. It's stuck for life or until its human gets sick of it.

ETA: He also wasn't accused of electrocuting any women to death or beating their heads in until they died.
Fair enough. The whole thing is just a mess. Vick did some truly awful things and he was convicted and went to jail for it. He served that time and shouldn't continue to be punished for it. That said, should he be allowed to have another pet? I don't think so. If he's given one, will it be treated well? Probably, but you also don't let convicted pedophiles adopt kids either. He lost that right to own a pet, IMO.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Fair enough. The whole thing is just a mess. Vick did some truly awful things and he was convicted and went to jail for it. He served that time and shouldn't continue to be punished for it. That said, should he be allowed to have another pet? I don't think so. If he's given one, will it be treated well? Probably, but you also don't let convicted pedophiles adopt kids either. He lost that right to own a pet, IMO.
First, I agree with Romy... that's comparing apples to oranges in my book.

Leaving the question if he should be allowed to have another pet aside- because of course he should not- I get that he was "punished". Was he punished enough? I don't think so.

The problem that I have is that he is allowed back into a role model position, is allowed to be a shining star. This man is a sociopath. He belongs in life long therapy, not in the spot light.

Members online

No members online now.