Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I guess the same reason people air their "so called dirty laundry" anywhere, whether it be facebook, HERE, myspace, phone calls, texts, whatever... some people just feel better when its written out...

who really cares what people post, there is the option of hiding their posts and status on facebook...
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah well sometimes you just cant hude the stench of dirty socks

My opinion... If you have something to say then say it and grow up and say it
To the person you are trying to hurt with these silly little backhanded jabs on facebook.

I heard a stupid stat somewhere that facebook is one of the biggest causes of divorce. Uh no people being idiots ON facebook would be the cause lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Also i get the concept of getting it off your chest. I get it

However " my heart is broken by my children" and "its sad that family members need to get their sh!t together". Is not getting it off ones chest. Thats playing games at best and trying to hurt someone whonis likely going to see it and know you are being a complete douche

And then eberyone else is privvy to the nonsense lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
I guess the same reason people air their "so called dirty laundry" anywhere, whether it be facebook, HERE, myspace, phone calls, texts, whatever... some people just feel better when its written out...

who really cares what people post, there is the option of hiding their posts and status on facebook...
IMO it's totally different to complain/vent/rant about someone causing problems for you on a fairly anonymous forum to strangers (where for most of us, no one we know IRL is reading it)...and completely different to personally one-on-one text/call/email someone, than to post it on facebook for your family, friends, and coworkers to all read.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
IMO it's totally different to complain/vent/rant about someone causing problems for you on a fairly anonymous forum to strangers (where for most of us, no one we know IRL is reading it)...and completely different to personally one-on-one text/call/email someone, than to post it on facebook for your family, friends, and coworkers to all read.
Yes when its most likely backhandedly aimed at one of those people

I dont know i've seen the facebook post going around about " im a bitch and proud to be one"

I dont get that. Why are you proud to treat people
Like garbage? Thats a desirable thing to be?

G.K. Chesterton

Old 01-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Fila Love

The same reason they air it here...they like attention.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:22 PM
:( only one :(

I guess I've gotten pretty lucky with friends on my facebook account. They're mostly all positive statues, pictures and funny/cute stories. The only time where it was a bit unnerving was during political times, but then again it's unnerving everywhere, not just facebook.

I love my facebook, I'm like others here who posted, where most of my family and childhood friends live far away and this is the best way to communicate with them. I also love that my neighbors are on my list of friends and we chat more on facebook then face to face. lol And I have a few customers who book their appointment there.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Ninja Dog

I haven't encountered a lot of dirty laundry being aired on Facebook. But I do have friends that frequently complain about how bad their day was, and it makes me think don't be such a downer all the time!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Just try me..

I have to say I must be lucky in my FB friends. I don't see dirty laundry, nor too many downers. I have very little patience for negative people... but luckily if people post such things it must be the day I skip FB.

I really like FB for the fun facts, the little tidbits, the pics of friends and family and keeping up with people I like, but don't seem to have time to co ordinate real time connections.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filarotten View Post
The same reason they air it here...they like attention.
Hey now.

I LOVE ATTENTION.

*runs to facebook to post personal drama*