Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-03-2011, 11:44 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default Why do people air their dirty laundry on facebook?

lol I swear I'll never understand this.

I mean I can see posting about a bad day and what have you but WHY do people post all these personal jabs at people and air their dirty laundry all over facebook? what is the point? attention? I don't know

for example there is one lady I have on my facebook. I ADORE her. We used to work together and I think I was the only one that actually liked her lol but I did. we got along great... BUT she can be a bit dramatic about things lol. she's ALWAYS posting about her son breaking her heart or her sisters doing something to her etc etc. and THEN she'll post something like "why don't people just mind their own business" UHHHHHH because you invited them into your business by posting every little detail about it lol.

and my own sister is in on it too lol not that this one shocks me at ALL. She posted somethign liek "it's sad when some people in your family need to get their sh!t together" wtf is that about lol. I have no idea who she's talking about... can't be me because I haven't talked to her in over a year lol other than a post here and there on facebook. But why would she feel the need to post something like that for everyone to see? does it make her feel superior or something?

this is just a fad I really don't understand lol. and now that I typed all this out I actually think Coop posted something similar to this a while back lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Taxiderpy

Some people just thrive on drama. If there isn't any, they find a way to create some.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Wookie Collie

My personal peeve is similar. Every day I see no less then 5-6 Facebook statuses with cryptic anger messages like "You ruined my day, thank you" or "Why do you break my heart". It's like... why? Talk to the person directly instead of getting pissy when people ask if you're okay.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014
Old 01-03-2011, 12:03 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
My personal peeve is similar. Every day I see no less then 5-6 Facebook statuses with cryptic anger messages like "You ruined my day, thank you" or "Why do you break my heart". It's like... why? Talk to the person directly instead of getting pissy when people ask if you're okay.
LOL exactly. this is exactly what I mean lol. all the weird little messages that really hold no meaning to anyone other than the person that said them lol so NO ONE gets it and everyone is going to ask (although I make a point to not respond to these posts anymore lol) and then they want everyone to mind their own business... uhhhh forgive me if I'm missing something here lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Twin 2.0

My cousin's wife is the worst (best?) at this. It's like every day she is bitching up a storm about something my cousin did or how her 2 year old daughter is ruining her life with her constant whining...and then she just lost it when one of her sister in law's finally stepped up and said she shouldn't be badmouthing her family in public. Oh, the fireworks from that.

I had the displeasure of meeting this gal ONCE this summer at a wedding. Oh. My. Gravy. There isn't a thing on Earth that will make that one happy. She was pissed because salads were served first and "she doesn't eat *rabbit food* and they are just taking far too long to get the real food out.." and blah blah blah. Mind you, she's probably a good 40lbs overweight too, so it was just annoyingly funny. I leaned over to my dad and asked how anyone thought that day was going to go off well with everyone sober (no bar) and he just shrugged. Turns out there was a bottle of Jack being passed around out in the parking lot, but it was kept pretty secret. /tangent.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Its like starting an argument at someone's wedding . . . a way to get an audience, whether anyone wants to be one or not.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 01-03-2011, 12:36 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I agree. The ones that are like "my heart is broken" and "love hurts" "omg i hate my life my heart is just broken" those get on my nerves really quickly I know lots of family drama from distant relatives because of facebook, and my mom is like a professional FB stalker... she knows everyones business
One of my biggest pet peeves, is people complaining about their work. First of all, who cares? Yes, you grow up, get a job, and working sometimes sucks... but honestly, no one wants to hear it
And to further my rant, I'm sorry, but when your a teacher, and I don't care what age children or adults you have, you have NO right to post about work/school PERIOD. At all. Even after the kids are not in your class anymore. It's just wrong, IMHO

But, I guess I can't say too much. Because I've been accused of only posting things about dogs dogs dogs

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 PM
<--------Orson

I wish I could say they are all teenagers/kids and will grow up, move past this kind of immaturity.......but sadly, NO, they aren't I've personally seen that kind of garbage from kids all the way up to middle aged people and even some people it shocks me coming from!

I don't get it either. I mean, yes, I know sometimes you just REALLY need to get it out........but come one, PRIVATE MESSAGE or something man! LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I wish I could say they are all teenagers/kids and will grow up, move past this kind of immaturity.......but sadly, NO, they aren't I've personally seen that kind of garbage from kids all the way up to middle aged people and even some people it shocks me coming from!

I don't get it either. I mean, yes, I know sometimes you just REALLY need to get it out........but come one, PRIVATE MESSAGE or something man! LOL
I know lol most of it comes from older people. The first lady I used as an example is in her 60's lol.

yeah I just can't stand the posts that say nothing so that people will ask "are you ok" seriously if you have a problem and need to get it out then get it out but don't play silly games to garner sympathy lol.

and most of the time the post is directed at someone that is ON their facebook friends list so they know they will see it lol. I can't stand that passive aggressive BS lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 01-03-2011, 01:12 PM
petperson

It seems to me that many of these people don't actually think of Facebook as PUBLIC. They're doing a sort of stream-of-consciousness thing in the privacy of their own minds and are sincerely shocked when other people home in on what they say.