Need a dog-loving lawyer...

Hello all!

I'm looking for someone with a working knowledge of Colorado law who'd be willing to hold my hand through making a change for the good of thousands of pooches here. Any takers?

I'm not sure what you are looking to accomplish but I'm going to give you a link to a wonderful organization that I belong to that does some amazing things for our furpals. You might want to check it out.

http://www.adoa.org/

Another place to check is with any of your local (or statewide) rescue organizations - find out which attorneys are on their donor lists, boards of directors, etc.

If you want any pointers on communicating with attorney, just yell. It's part of what I do for a living - and trust me, it's not quite like communicating with people, and nothing like communicating with dogs at all! lol Think of communicating with a cat with a very, very short attention span for anything that's outside their immediate point of focus.

lol! My cats tend to have heated discourse on the nature of the universe at 2 a.m. Then they race into the bedroom and loudly ask us to settle their conflict while licking our noses. But by god, if you want to get their attention, you'd better have a legless, unhealthy mule deer hidden in your trousers.

bogolove

Renee750il said:
If you want any pointers on communicating with attorney, just yell. It's part of what I do for a living - and trust me, it's not quite like communicating with people, and nothing like communicating with dogs at all! lol Think of communicating with a cat with a very, very short attention span for anything that's outside their immediate point of focus.

LOL! I work with them too and have worked with a few since I have been out of college. I love the ones I work with NOW to pieces (a few from before, not so much), but I know what you mean. My friend at work and I were just talking about how we prefer to speak with the secretaries over the attorney because every secretary knows how best to handle the attorney she works for in most situations. That was a very good analogy! ;)

When I was working in the various law offices I trained the attorneys on the other side (and a few of the judges) to talk to me instead of the attorney whenever possible. It cut through a lot of posturing and territorial marking - like tomcats howling on the fence. ;)

They're definitely an odd bunch, and I've liked most of the attorneys I've dealt with, and only disliked one I worked for. That lasted about six weeks before I'd had enough of her hysterics and incompetence and lying to clients and walked out. I've never walked out on a job before in my life. She had the nerve to tell me not to expect a good reference from her . . . ROFL! I told her I'd be mortified if a REAL attorney ever even knew I'd been in her office, let alone done any work for her since my reputation was much better than hers. You'd have loved the look on her face, Bogolove. :D She was also padding the bills she sent to the state for juve cases. :rolleyes:

bogolove

That is like the last one I worked for before the place I am now. I was embarrassed to say I worked at his office b/c he drives around in ritzy cars and blows money he doesn't have because he is so in debt. All the attorneys in Nashville know it too, so I don't know who he is trying to fool.

Members online

No members online now.