Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 12-21-2010, 05:34 PM
*Now with Snark*

Well most nights I take part of the raw meals for my dinner. Why not? Thaw out 2lbs, cut off what I want and divide the rest among the dogs.

As far as dog treats, yep. The little carob chip ones are pretty good. I haven't brought myself to eat a milk bone yet.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:55 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

My cousin, sister, and I used to bring cat food, "scooby snack" dog treats, and milkbones to a stray dog down the street all the time, and once we all dared each other to try a bite of each. The cat food was sick, the milk bone didn't really taste like anything, and neither did the scooby snack. I have a much weaker stomach nowadays now though, so I doubt I'd try any type of dog food/treats. D:

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Squishy face

I will try the "homemade" dog treats and such, because they are made out of food we eat anyway. I have tried dog peanut butter treats, they just taste vaguely of peanut butter. And I like those cookies you can get at the gourmet dog treat shops, they are wheat and stuff with molasses frosting. Num!

I have a coworker who likes to try different dog food/treats no matter the quality. We used to make "slop" with science diet canned dog food and water and mash it up for the dogs, and one morning he stuck is finger in the bowl and tried it! *pukes*. He said it tasted like nothing!

I'd never try any commercial dog foods, yuck!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

I used to eat dog biscuits constantly as a kid.
And I always am tempted to try things, so I've tried bird, hamster, dog, cat, horse, etc. food.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I've tasted some Milkbone treats and some kibble. They both were bland and gross at the same time. My grandpa eats Beggin' Strips. He thinks they're good.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

We feed our dogs before we eat breakfast, so when IU was younger I would get hungry and eat the dry kibble. It was really good, but the kind we get now doesn't taste so good.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

I often hold treats in my mouth too, I'm vegetarian so I stick to string cheese - pop a bite in my mouth and then bite off smaller pieces and toss to the dog. Works great

I ate dog food on a dare as a kid don't remember that it tasted like much of anything.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I'll admit I've tasted some of Bamm's treats before... I remember when I was a kid we were living in a duplex house for a while... our neighbor kid kept sneaking in our garage to eat our dog food... he'd literally be shoveling it into his mouth. We kept wondering why we were going through dog food so quickly and one day my dad caught him in the act... so not kidding
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 12-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Clicker Extremist

I spit treats (great for full face attention) and I actually like the Charlie Bear cheese and egg treats! They taste like a low sodium cheese cracker.