Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Well, Enzo has learned to sit up from down. It actually went fairly quickly. I did what you were doing taq, and stepping into her space while giving and exaggerated swing up of my arm and saying sit. Then I stopped stepping into her space and started just swinging my arm up, and she got it fairly quickly after that. We're still working on it at more than six feet away, but she's got it down at that distance pretty well.
Nice!! I swear they just need that lightbulb to switch on and then they figure out they can sit while laying down too Great that she figured out to not scooch towards you so soon too!

Traveler and I aren't speaking right now due to him not downing outside because it's too cold on certain manly parts of him. He does a bow instead and looks at me like "come on, it's close right?"

Anyway, congrats on getting her do it!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Nice!! I swear they just need that lightbulb to switch on and then they figure out they can sit while laying down too Great that she figured out to not scooch towards you so soon too!

Traveler and I aren't speaking right now due to him not downing outside because it's too cold on certain manly parts of him. He does a bow instead and looks at me like "come on, it's close right?"

Anyway, congrats on getting her do it!
HA, Ozzy does that. Sometimes I'll ask for a down, and he'll just down and roll over. He's like, "What? That was good enough, right?"

He's so funny though, his roll over cue is "Do a barrel roll!" He loves it. He never did have a problem learning he could sit UP though, so Enzo not knowing it was kind of a funny challenge for me

I want to teach her to weave through my legs, and to come between my legs and look up at me while walking. Have you done that? I can't think of a cue for that one
Old 11-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
HA, Ozzy does that. Sometimes I'll ask for a down, and he'll just down and roll over. He's like, "What? That was good enough, right?"

He's so funny though, his roll over cue is "Do a barrel roll!" He loves it. He never did have a problem learning he could sit UP though, so Enzo not knowing it was kind of a funny challenge for me

I want to teach her to weave through my legs, and to come between my legs and look up at me while walking. Have you done that? I can't think of a cue for that one
Nothing is more funny than the dogs that love nothing more than rolling over or in your case barrel roll, they do it with such zeal it's so great to watch.

Kaylee's favorite thing in the world right behind poking things is go between my legs. She heels, sits and downs like that with the biggest grin on her face and her tail wagging a mile a minute. She loves it sooo much

I used "Peekaboo!" for lack of anything better. But she does it without invitation or if you just don't stand with your legs glued together and she wants attention.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Well, Enzo has learned to sit up from down. It actually went fairly quickly. I did what you were doing taq, and stepping into her space while giving and exaggerated swing up of my arm and saying sit. Then I stopped stepping into her space and started just swinging my arm up, and she got it fairly quickly after that. We're still working on it at more than six feet away, but she's got it down at that distance pretty well.
Well rub it in why dontcha...lol. Mu still hasn't quite got it, although she's getting very close. I almost think I should have assigned a different cue to it because she gets *so* confused. I think she's done it twice without the hand cue in the past 4 days and each time I've jackpotted and then we play a game or work on something else. We're getting there though! And now I want to teach her to weave between my legs....lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Bite Club

Riley just learned this one. We did it a few times last week at class using the leash + hand signal while saying sit.

Today I did it with him, first time since then, no leash just voice and signal. He popped right up. I was shocked

~Aura & Riley~