Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Top Dog

Default Missing hiker's dog shows up weeks later

This is a big mystery.

Dog lost on Sauk Mountain found alive, owner still missing | KING5.com | Seattle Area Local News

Last edited by LittleBigDog; 11-02-2010 at 02:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Top Dog

That is so sad. Why on earth did she split off from the rest of her party? That is such an unwise choice.

What a good dog. He must have stayed with her until he felt he could do no more.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-02-2010, 09:44 PM
petperson

How sad. How awful. Why in the world did she leave her companions? I'm sure Bear made her feel safe from attack, but that's not the only danger when you're hiking solo. It does sound as if the dog stayed with his master until he could do no more. So sad.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
*Now with Snark*

There is a lot more to this story. I do hope this woman or her body is found soon.

Here's an interview with her kid awhile ago. Podcasts - MyNorthwest.com

Here's an interview from today. 23:00ish in.

Podcasts - MyNorthwest.com
Old 11-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
There is a lot more to this story. I do hope this woman or her body is found soon.

Here's an interview with her kid awhile ago. Podcasts - MyNorthwest.com

Here's an interview from today. 23:00ish in.

Podcasts - MyNorthwest.com
Thanks, I'll listen to these. I hope there is resolution about this for the family's sake. I'm glad poor Bear got to safety when he did.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Top Dog

How sad, but what a great dog Bear is. It kinda bothered me that in the article her son just kept calling him "the dog", but I'm sure grief plays a role in that.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 AM
Big Dog

Has she been found? This is a sad story. I hope there is some good news to this story ... well, finding Bear is indeed a form of good news. I hope the family is staying strong.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bright View Post
Has she been found? This is a sad story. I hope there is some good news to this story ... well, finding Bear is indeed a form of good news. I hope the family is staying strong.
I was just wondering about this myself tonight and found a couple of new updates.

This article from Nov. 4th says Patty Krieger's son hired a helicopter to do a recovery mission.

Missing woman's son launches recovery mission on Sauk Mountain | KING5.com | Seattle Area Local News

And this report from the 8th with a link to an interview with the boyfriend on the Ron & Don show indicates that the boyfriend still had custody of Bear and he took the dog back to see if he would lead them to Patty.

Boyfriend believes Krieger alive, but not on Sauk Mountain - Seattle News - MyNorthwest.com

I thought the son was going to get Bear and see to it that he had a secure home for the rest of his life? In the link below, there is a comment made on Nov. 14th by a Concrete, WA resident who says he lives near some of the people involved in the case, and he has seen a Rottie running loose in the area. He thinks this should be investigated more than it is.

Hiker Patty Krieger Still Missing While Son Says Her Boyfriend Is Partying - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

I just don't understand why the first search was called off when it was. From what I read tonight, Patty Krieger was known to be very hard of hearing so may have not heard people calling for her. And her son says that he heard a dog growling and barking when he was searching, so there was a sign that she was somewhere in the area, perhaps hurt. Yet the search was called off when it was?

Last edited by LittleBigDog; 11-18-2010 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Added date