Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Island dweller

Excellent! What a good dad.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Felurian

That is so good to hear!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Top Dog

Last night I was sitting on my bead reading and Rush (our 11yr old tabby cat) came up on the bed with me and was laying down. Well, after maybe 5 min. Wesley, JeanAnne, and Melanie (Wes and JeanAnne are 9yr old twins and Mel is 4) came in to my room and started to talk real loud and they were all trying to pet Rush at the same time.
Well, Rush walked away from them and sat at the oppisite end of the bed. So then they went over there and started petting him (loudly and all at the same time, not so gently) so got up agian and came and sat right next to me.
JeanAnne was like, "Why won't he let us pet him? I guess he doesn't love us." [she said the last part sarcasticly] and I said, "No, he likes you but he won't let you pet him because you are being loud and way to pushy! So maybe if you calm down and quiet down he will let you pet him. So stop because he doesn't like it."
So they all stopped and left.

Wes and JeanAnne need to be able to read a cats/dogs warning signs so if they are ever at a freinds house or whatever, and they are petting their cat or dog, they know when they have gone to far. Melanie knows enough that she is supposed to be gentle with small animals (like cats and small dogs, rabbits, etc) but she thinks she can pet bigger dogs as roughly as she pleases.

I am gald to hear that somebody actually knows how to discipline their kids when it comes to teasing animals!