Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 PM
We are Home.

Default Puppy Store Shut Down!!!!!

This place was NASTY and they tried to get it closed down in July but since they were fed and watered they were still in buisness finally this time they didnt have any notice and they were taken!!!!!

Safety Harbor pet store owner arrested on animal cruelty charges

Pet shop owner faces more animal cruelty charges

Pictures from the store:
Suncoast Animal League***039;s Notes | Facebook

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 PM
treehugging clicker freak

When I looked at the pictures, I swear I could almost smell it !! It's a smell you don't forget.
I'm glad they got caught, and are shut down. Shame things like these have to take so long to get there, though. When our local nasty puppy store shut down they found animals that had died put in the freezer, among many many other things

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 10-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Active Pup

It's all depressingly familiar, isn't it? The little, low-rent, one- or two-man operation, out of the way, evil-smelling and with irregular hours of operation... and then something happens... I used to shop at a place like thisówe had a pet lizard at the time, and he was the only place within an hour's drive to get live crickets. I hated going in there; the puppies weren't obviously distressed, but it was still depressing. And then the guy got very sick and missed about ten days of work, and because he was the only full-timer, the store stayed shuttered that whole time and, yeah, things got very bad indeed. It's sad. Usually I'm a big fan of sole-proprietor, mom-and-pop style stores vs. the big chains, but it's really not a good model for selling live animals.