Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Not a Border Collie

Thank you! There will definitely be tons of pictures (:

Rereading what I said, I wanted to clarify that I wasn't bashing Aussies at all. I love the breed and I think that a good Aussie and a good ES would actually be very, very similar. I just haven't been impressed with many Aussies I've met recently - they've all been very big dogs, probably from show lines vs working ones, and have had timid temperaments. It could just be the area I'm in too - I've seen some beautiful dogs online from breeders in Alberta, where I'm sure they work for a living and are bred for this purpose.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by colliewog View Post
I've considered them before ... if they only came in smooth ...
Those are my thoughts. I've only met one but MAN was she the best dog. But the fur . . . I couldn't deal with the fur . . .

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 10-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisMorphine View Post
Those are my thoughts. I've only met one but MAN was she the best dog. But the fur . . . I couldn't deal with the fur . . .

Now see, I'm kind of sick of the little porcupine Pit Bull fur that gets stuck in everything, including skin.

But, Grant has kind of a thick coat for a Pit Bull/AmStaf. It's almost more like a Dalmatian coat in texture.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Twin 2.0

You people and your fur phobias. Tsk tsk. The longer hair is actually easier to clean up, because you can actually pick it up instead of having to pick it out of everything. A proper rough coat is about as easy to care for as a short coat.

A good Aussie is amazing. A good Aussie is also quite hard to find these days, as the good dogs are staying in the working/serious hobbiest homes and not quite so much with the general public, which has it's pros and cons. Aussies are my heart breed, though ES's have caught my eye ever since that huge hoarder bust up in Montana(?) the other year; they sound like rather awesome dogs.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Your Mom

Cleaning up off of the floor/couches/etc doesn't bother me. I'm very tactile and long hair just feels creepy to me (same goes with men LOL).

Old 10-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Twin 2.0

How funny--I'm very tactile as well and I love the feel of rough coats over short. I love being able to dig my fingers into Sawyer's coat.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Your Mom

Unless it's my own hair, I don't like to dig my fingers into ANY hair! Which sucks because there are a few wire haired breeds who's temperaments I adore. And even more so than long and/or double coated breeds I HATE touching wire coats. Nekked dogs. I could deal with nekked dogs. LMAO!!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm All Ears

I love long hair on dogs. It's so much softer and in my opinion better to pet. But I can understand having an aversion to a hair type... curly dog hair is like that to me. Doesn't matter how clean it is, it just feels icky to me. I could never have a poodle or a breed with that kind of coat.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisMorphine View Post
Unless it's my own hair, I don't like to dig my fingers into ANY hair! Which sucks because there are a few wire haired breeds who's temperaments I adore. And even more so than long and/or double coated breeds I HATE touching wire coats. Nekked dogs. I could deal with nekked dogs. LMAO!!
I have to say, Charlie's wire coat took some getting used to. Petting his face always felt like petting an incontinent old cat.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
I have to say, Charlie's wire coat took some getting used to. Petting his face always felt like petting an incontinent old cat.