Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Felurian

From Amy:

Quote:
Wow thank you thank you! I***8217;m printing out and heading to Mom***8217;s to camp out all day. I***8217;m going to end up putting these all in a binder for us siblings! J
I sent her all of this morning's letters from you

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Top Dog

Grammy,

You brought so much life and love and laughter to this forum. You always had a kind word to say to anyone that was experiencing a hard time. You were always the voice of reason and wisdom - reminding me so much of my own grandmother. They say that life is what you make it, and I think that you made so very much of it. I will miss you tremendously.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I wish I could have met you a long time ago because we would have had so much fun together, our interests parallel as our ethics and our understanding of our lives. I wish we could have been children together, riding our bikes with our dogs running beside. Playing in the woods, and making daisy chains to place on golden heads. We would have played duets on the piano and laughed. I have felt this way since the first day I met you. Maybe one day we will get that chance. I don't feel that good friends ever really part.

I felt so welcome in your home, more than any place I have ever been, even with all three of my dogs. You seemed genuinely happy we were there, and we certainly were happy to be there, it doesn't get any better than that. I am so glad I was able to come both times. I loved when you showed me the dress your Mother embroidered and I looked with my magnifying loop and found they were small flowers. Talking of how perfect her stitches were. When you shared with me your Mother's lovely brush work, I so greatly admired her light hand and the quality of each brush stroke. Talking about the piano music you liked, that you had an angry song, as do I. Playing aggravation outside with You with Zoom, with Blue. I have all these memories, little films in my head to remember our time together, and I feel so lucky to have been there. I remember all of Ollie's stories, the cookie he brought you being my favorite, and your doing Ollie's ears at bedtime. I have a photo above my desk, you looking away at something with one hand on Ollie ear, and Ollie having the silliest, happiest smile on his face. You can tell just he was thrilled to with your touch.

I was always amazed at your strength and how you fought what I knew hurt you. You never let on, and I understood why. You focused on the good, always. I watched you walk across those cold hard stones and I felt the ache I knew you had to be feeling, yet I saw you sit and enjoy the morning. A lesson to us all.

You shared in the trials and tribulations of what my Son has gone through, from a teen to a young Father, and have always been a supportive force in my efforts to raise Hyia. I loved that you loved my Mother too. I know you wanted to come and meet her, I so wish we could have made that happen. It would have been an honor to have you in my home with Ollie.

There isn't a single day that I don't think Grammy would like this, or I want to share that with Pat. I know that will never change.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat

Last edited by smkie; 09-21-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm All Ears

Any news from Grammy?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Felurian

Got this from Amy a little bit ago:

Quote:
Amazing night with Mom tonight. She was trying to let me in on her little hidden world of knowledge she now has and has been talking about "anniversaries" and how lucky we are etc. (Can't figure out stance) Then she asks if she's already ordered a martini. Then asks what time our flight is tomorrow. Glad to know she's in a GOOD place I told her before I left how I tell my babies before I leave for no matter how much time I say "see you in a minute"... She knows this. So when I finally had to physically leave and we were saying goodbye she blurts "see you in a minute!!"

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm All Ears

It's good to hear she's doesn't seem to be in as much pain anymore. I think about her every day and check this thread first thing every morning.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:31 PM

I love you, dearest Bubbat. always have, always will. you are so special, and I am better having known you. BIGGEST HUGS.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Love my pets

Dear Grammy,

I don't know how to begin but at the beginning when you picked me up at the airport for our first mod meeting. We both felt like we've known each other before. I so loved going back to your house to have Ollie greet me with big kisses and a roll on the floor. Helping you to fix up the house awaiting the arrival of the mods was like being back with my mom. You know that I always felt that you were the new "mom" to come in my life. Giving you a DVD of my wedding day was a way of having you feel like you were there.

All I can say Grammy, is that Carl & I love you so very much and you are a part of our family too. I will forever toast to you using "our" wine glasses. I don't know what happens after this life but know my mom will be there to thank you for being a special part of her daughter's life.

Love you Grammy!

Barb
Old 09-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Durp Dog

Still thinking of you Grammy, you are a very special person. Never forget that.

I wish I was great with words, so many on here are... but I am still in a state of shock over this, can't belive it and don't want to.

Praying for you. ~~~~~hugs~~~~~