Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

Default Video of odd behavior

Kira and the kids and I went to the park a few days ago. She is fine with kids but does get a little overexcited when they run and jump around but has not shown any aggression. However, the kids were swinging and she went batty. I have no idea what her intentions would have been had I let her go. I did at one point pick her up and bring her to a swing that was empty and pushed it and she gave no reaction. Had there not been any other kids at the park I would have had hubby hold the leash and I would have been swinging to see what exactly she was trying to do. Any ideas?
YouTube - Kira at the park

Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Top Dog

Kids aren't supposed to go flying through the air. You didn't allow her loose to see what she would actually do. She might have thought it was a keep away game of some sort and it kicked in her prey drive. She doesn't look like she thought they were in danger, but might have them start out just sitting in the swing and let Kira get used to that, then gradually add a little movement. You need to work Kira and the swings just as you would a scary object so that she does not become a danger if she ever gets loose in the park.