eating little

roni

K-9 lover ;)
My 9 month old puppy doesn't really eat all that much. He is very healthy and doesn't "look" like he has missed any meals. I take him to work with me everyday and he has a bowl of food right beside his water all day long. When we get home he will play and run around with his brother and then he'll eat some. It changes daily...one day he won't eat much and the next he'll eat 2 bowls. He does eat his greenies and some bones while at work. Should I quit giving him his treats until he eats his food? I don't want him to think that I am punishing him. This has just been baffling me.

You probably should cut back on the treats. He's probably filling up on them and they're really not a source of all-round nutrition. Try giving him something to gnaw on that he can't actually eat, and make it something that he only gets when you're at work so it's very special.

avenlee

You might not be realizing how much he is actually eating if you leave his food down for him all day long. He might be nibbling all day long and that is enough for him. And yes, snacks should be limited. I usually only give my girls snacks when they do something good and need to be rewarded. I know! I'm a meanie :eek: lol

Members online

No members online now.