Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Default Any True Blood fans?

Anyone else keeping up on Season 3? It's getting so intense... the ending to the last episode was just and . I can't wait until sunday night's episode.

The season started off slowly, but it's definitely picked up speed and is getting really good!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Just try me..

I LOVED the end of last sunday's show!! Yes very intense. Can't wait for each episode errr lol.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Wasn't it awesome? lol. It was such a perfect ending and I didn't see it coming at all!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Just try me..

me either.. I just watched with the same expression as the blond vamp woman (cant' remember her name).. lol. I loved it that he has his lover in a crystal container, and talks to him such a great character.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Agility freak!

Loved the books, but am not as fond of the show... then again, it's just cause Bill is not near as attractive as I think he should be, and Eric isn't... big enough? LOL Like, he's tall, sure, but not thick.

We don't get it right now on our TV, but I'm probably gonna buy the DVDs of the seasons, just cause I'm weird like that, and I adooooore the opening of each show.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
me either.. I just watched with the same expression as the blond vamp woman (cant' remember her name).. lol. I loved it that he has his lover in a crystal container, and talks to him such a great character.
Hahaha! I know, I was like wtf when they first showed him in the container So awesome. He is a really great character... definitely intimidating, but comedic as well.

AgilityPup, I love the opening as well. It's so perfect for the show.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Just try me..

Ya I find Bill not attractive, but I don't find Sookie all that pretty either. But the characters are great (love lafiyette sp? even though he wasn't a major character in the books)

The opening is great!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I don't find Bill attractive, but I really think he's a good character... and Sookie's pretty plain as well.

I've only read the first book, but I actually enjoy the show more. I like how Tara was added in, and other characters are more detailed as well.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Agility freak!

Honestly, I hate Bill in all the books, and in the show. I just do not like his character (if you haven't read the books then I wont go into detail. ) And Sookie's actress drives me CRAZY! I was under the understanding while reading the books that she was supposed to be drop-dead gorgeous and all the guys liked her and drooled, but were scared off by her crazy. That's what *I* got, but she's... average?... in the show...

Did either of you see the Rolling Stones cover with Eric, Bill, and Sookie on it? They really like to push the sex factor for publicity, it seems.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 08-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Top Dog

Big fan here! I read all of the books (they have definitely gone downhill IMO) and watched all the episodes.

I L O V E what they've done with Lafayette, and to a lesser degree Tara, Jason, Jessica... basically all the minor characters. Russel is pretty great, so was Franklin.

I DO NOT love what they've done with Eric. In the show, he is so dark and brooding and WEEPY and kinda angry lol. In the books he has his negative moments but for the most part he is lighter, mischievous and more social. He flirts more. I hope we get to see that in the show.

I think the only time we've really seen the Book Eric is when he tricks her into sucking the bullet out of his chest. That, and the tone of the scene, is much more book-like. Alan Ball said in one interview that Bill and Sookie will be the core of the show, which would explain why we see so little of Eric. It's a shame, because Book Eric is a great character.

This is who inspired Eric, BTW:

Personally I think Skarsgard is fine (I wish he would stand up straight though! And preferably stop slicking his hair back).