How do I find classes?

corgi_love

Hii everyone. It's been forever.

I am back home in Southern California and I have decided to take Regis back to school(lol).

I got him his CGC, however, he's a bit rusty. I really am not sure he would be able to pass certain parts of the test again. I also really want to do therapy training with him so I can take him to hospitals.

My worry before with the hospital thing was that he was too afraid of everything(some may remember my problems with that a while ago). I found that once I left Travis, Regis has gained so much more confidence in general. He's still a bit more cautious than the average dog, but I really think if I were to work with him around moving wheelchairs, etc, he would adjust to it and soon not notice it at all.

I'm wondering what you guys think.

Are there specific therapy training classes to prepare him for all aspects of the test? Should I start with that, or start with an advanced obedience class to get him back into gear?

Where do I go about finding classes for both things in my area? I tried googling it and I only found one lady, who I emailed earlier.

I'm in Ventura County so.. drive-able cities would be Simi Valley, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, West Lake, and Newbury Park.

CaliTerp07

Would you be willing to drive up to Santa Barbara? Sounds like you're on the south end of Ventura county, but this place looks decent (although "traditional and contemporary techniques" is sufficiently vague and would require additional info, I think), and I like that they do field trips to public places too:

Pet Relief Dog Training, Dog Walks

They have a specific therapy training program as well.

Members online

No members online now.