Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Active Pup

Default Introducing new pup to my dogs

Hi folks,

My sister has a small dog a few months old (pomeranian) but she cant take care of it anymore so i am going to take her off her, but i already have 2 other dogs, who are for the most part isolated from other dogs and wont take kindly to this new one at all.

So, how do i go about doing it, introducing the new one? O and also this new dog is a barker, especially if i plan on leaving her out in a kennel at night, any tips on how to teach her to stop barking

My current Dogs

New one

Thanks in advance
Shane
Old 07-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Felurian

Well, the Pom will probably not do well in an outdoor kennel, especially at night. You might work on crate training, if she isn't already trained.

It's always a help to introduce dogs on neutral territory, and to have help with the wrangling. Make it a pleasant experience for your dogs, especially, and have plenty of treats on hand to reward good behavior, just make absolutely sure you don't put them into a situation where they are competing for the treats with the new dog!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian