Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 07-04-2010, 09:52 AM
BSL Can Be Beaten

Default Garden Progression

Just taking some fun garden shots; we had lots of rain early this year and made for beautiful roses; still; I'm still getting beautiful roses.

I don't like to use the Macro setting on my camera; it seems to be limited as to how close; where if I take a shot using just the generic setting and there is good focus; I can crop much closer. The only problem with a tight shot for my camera is it sometimes focusses somewhere I'm not counting on. I think the one shot of the Bachelor buttons has it focussed on the neck of the flower; as opposed to the purple. The yellow rose is also a softer focus and I couldn't seem to get it to change it's focal point.

And a pic of one of the ferals my friend has been caring for (read neutering/feeding)

Jennifer Sider First Dog Off the Porch Custom Collars
Mom to Mitchell, Avalon, Ninja, Jiggs and Misty
Life is forever and everything is just an experience on the road to enlightenment.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:03 AM
swimming upstream

are those white bleeding hearts? I have not seen them in white! Beautiful garden--love the roses.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:38 AM
BSL Can Be Beaten

Hey Bmb; thanks; gardening is my quiet passion; however in my garden; the strong are the only ones that survive; I minimally interfere with how my garden grows.

When I bought the white bleeding heart; I was told; finicky plant; blah, blah; white ones are weaker, blah, blah.

Thought I lost it one year; had my sister helping me weed and she cut it back to the ground and very nearly ripped it up.

However it came back stronger than ever; it is pretty shaded where it grows; perhaps that's why it looks so good.

Jennifer Sider First Dog Off the Porch Custom Collars
Mom to Mitchell, Avalon, Ninja, Jiggs and Misty
Life is forever and everything is just an experience on the road to enlightenment.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:37 PM
swimming upstream

they are really quite pretty all white! I think I will have to look for them. I enjoy gardening too--and our soil is very sandy. So if it can't survive in dry sand, then it's gone--LOL-so I also garden by survival of the fit-est!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Active Pup

Great,looks beautiful
Old 07-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Felurian

Looks lovely -- especially the roses Those columbine should spread, and even when they aren't blooming, the foliage and seed pods are pretty. I think the pink ones are some of my favorites, although I do like the dark burgundy with white awfully well too.

I love bleeding hearts, but, like clematis, the Hand of Fate -- or some overzealous weeder -- always seems to pull them up.

If you like very hardy and prolific roses that will cover a bank or just cascade beautifully, try to find The Fairy. The flowers are small, but they are beautiful and usually cover the bush.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Active Pup

Hi pitbullpony,

Wow this the wonderful flower plant. There is hidden massage behind white there in no any dirt in the heart. I appreciate your choice for this plant and congratulate for grow it.