Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPP View Post
He is not stupid. You are simply not meeting his needs. Buy him a surfboard and head for the beach. Or the wave pool. Gnarly, dude.

Oh, and keep him away from the weed. Catnip shouldn't do much for dogs, but paps have a lot of cat-like ways, so who knows?
LOL! If Travis had drive to do anything at all I would probably buy him a surf board!
I swear that dog should have come in a pink box with his own brush set.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 AM
Not a lurker

I'm kind of torn. I love Lacey's "but why should I have to" attitude, and I also love Lestat's "OMG let's do that now, now, now,now, you're too slow, throw it, pull back on that tug, let's goooo" attitude.

Lacey's a thinker and more of a "ok I'll do that a couple of times and then we're done, because I am bored and said we're done, kthanxbai" while Lestat is more just like, well he'll do anything for you to just please, for the love of God, throw the darn ball.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Though it's kind of a blanket statement because every dog is different; I generally prefer females. I like their attitude.

My Sally is extremely smart and focussed. I found her much simpler to train, though she does have a definite attitude. Seamus is more of a clingy suck! He's very goofy and dare I say, not very intelligent. And he's obsessed with pee! He won't learn anything because he's too busy sniffing around and looking for places to pee. If he has a hard time learning something, Sally will actually walk into the room and try to demonstrate to him how it's done. She gets so frustrated! It's dead funny.

Agility with Seamus was such a fail. Treats or positive reinforcement didn't motivate him at all, and he just wasn't getting it. He would go into a tunnel and just lay down. Our trainer and I would stand on the other side of the tunnel and try to coax him out with treats, but he'd have none of it. He just wanted to lay there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I went through a phase of telling myself that Travis was just not motivated, nah, he is stupid.
I went through that exact phase! I used to say he was difficult to train, unmotivated, etc. It was hard coming to terms with the fact that Seamus is just dumb!

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.