Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Twin 2.0

*shakes head*

RFD, if you would actually participate, or even just READ more threads than some of the food ones, you'd know that Becca isn't a "newbie" to the breed. Her girl Ella was an over-the-top DA type of dog, she has plenty of experience in how to manage. She's right to be a little cautious, because she's SEEN what this breed can turn into at maturity and she's taking the right steps in asking how to prevent something small from turning into something larger. You should have just left things at your first post.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
RFD, if you would actually participate, or even just READ more threads than some of the food ones, you'd know that Becca isn't a "newbie" to the breed.
Be that as it may, she is still afraid of them and IMO she would be happier with a easier to manage breed. She had one over the top member of this breed, why on earth would she want more?

Quote:
Her girl Ella was an over-the-top DA type of dog, she has plenty of experience in how to manage.
Obviously, she doesn't have experience in managing two dogs, particularly two dogs she is afraid of tempermentwise.
Quote:
"I don't want to seem stupid, but I haven't dealt with a multi-dog home before."
Quote:
She's right to be a little cautious, because she's SEEN what this breed can turn into at maturity and she's taking the right steps in asking how to prevent something small from turning into something larger. You should have just left things at your first post.
She doesn't seem to have the dog savy to handle this breed, regardless of owning a previous one. I think a gentler dog would be more to her liking and she would be much happier owning one. She wouldn't be asking questions about normal puppy behavior if she had puppies better suited to her. Someone owning 2 APBT's shouldn't have to ask that question.

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

http://dogfoodchat.com/forum/

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
Dr. Tom Lonsdale
Old 06-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Twin 2.0

And if you knew anything about ABPT's, you wouldn't be making such a fool out of yourself.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:09 PM
We are Home.

Actually I know people who have more experience with this breed then her that have asked that question

She is perfectly capable of owning multiple dogs of this breed. Thats coming from someone who has owned and raised them their entire lives

Youve been given some great advice already so Im just going to Echo it.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 06-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
There are other species, like say a gorilla, that may be a better fit for you.
Actually, I've had experience with them.

Quote:
Every time someone comes on here looking for advice, you talk them down like they're a piece of dirt and your word is gospel.
I made my previous post because she was given good advice by several people that all agreed on the situation and proper course of action but she still expressed reservations about following that advice. And yes, my word is pretty much right on most of the time.

Quote:
I guess someone expressing concerns they have, which stem from PAST EXPERIENCE, is just so horrible they should be banished from the face of the earth?
Not only does she not want to follow advice that was offered, I don't understand why someone who has had one over the top APBT would want another one, let alone 2 more. I merely suggest a gentler breed would be better suited to her. She obviously couldn't control the first and now she gets 2 more and is asking for help managing them?

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

http://dogfoodchat.com/forum/

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
Dr. Tom Lonsdale
Old 06-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Twin 2.0

I'm curious, what evidence do you have to support your claim that she couldn't "control her first one"?
feel the magic

Whoa.

So wait a minute.

In the, what, 1-2 hours from the time I posted the thread, to the time you replied with your advice, to now, I should get my healthy puppy to mess with my pretty sick foster dog, to test out your advice??

Why don't you give me some time???

And you know NOTHING about me, other than this one thread. What in the WORLD makes you think for one second that I am AFRAID of APBTs????

Where did I say that??? I wanted to possibly nip any issues, before they became BIGGER issues.

No, YOU stick with whatever "more manageable" breed you suggest, and I'll stick to whatever breed I want to own. Got it?
Because it'll be a cold day in HELL before some stranger tells ME which breed I should own and which breed I should not own.

What in the world. I swear to GOD some people think they know it ALL when really their brain is shoved so far up their OWN ASS, they really have no idea what they are talking about.

I know pit bulls.
I used to own the best **** one in the world before cancer started to take her from me.

I don't know everything, and I have a RIGHT to be cautious because my other girl was EXTREMELY DA, and I know that the breed is capable of becoming DA fast.
And, so what, I shouldn't give owning more than one a chance because YOU seem to deem me afraid of them???

Would you rather me just sit around and not give a crap and let my two dogs do as they please???

You've got some nerve.
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawFedDogs View Post

I made my previous post because she was given good advice by several people that all agreed on the situation and proper course of action but she still expressed reservations about following that advice. And yes, my word is pretty much right on most of the time.

Not only does she not want to follow advice that was offered, I don't understand why someone who has had one over the top APBT would want another one, let alone 2 more. I merely suggest a gentler breed would be better suited to her. She obviously couldn't control the first and now she gets 2 more and is asking for help managing them?
she managed ella better then you can manage your fingers

Where did you get she couldnt control Ella? Ella couldnt have asked for a better more proactive owner

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 06-14-2010, 02:20 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawFedDogs View Post

well, that explains a lot

She expressed a concern, and with this breed it's a very VALID concern. And, it's actually more detrimental to have concerns and NOT express them or totally ignore them because your such a confident know-it-all.

She wants another one(possibly two as she is only fostering Luke ATM), because she loves and respects the breed for what they are. She understands that they are very often DA, and she is working with that, not running away hiding under a rock.

When people take the time out of their life to research, talk about, learn, and yes, even express concern over situations that may occur... those are the types of people you know can handle the job. The ones that are so wrapped up in themselves, that they can't stop to step back from the situation, take a look around, ask questions, get answers, and then ask more questions... well they normally end up loosing everything they ever worked to get.
my responses are above in red.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Felurian

GO, Becca Spoken like a true Terrier . . . .

And, for clarification, Becca's questions were not because she is inexperienced with the breed, but because she hasn't had a young puppy in a long time. There's a vast difference.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian