Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Active Pup

Default Toilet training regression & anxiety HELP!

My partner and I have 2 pugs, aged 2 and 3. Because of work arrangements we are living in different cities for this year and the pugs spend most of their time with him, in our permananet home. We have been struggling with our youngest pug's toilet trianing since we got him, as he was 1 year old when we adopted him and never fully trained. The pugs recently came to live with me in my basement suite and, miraculaously, the little one became perfectly house-trained. Now the pugs have returned to live with my partner in our permananet home and he has again regressed, pooping and peeing indoors. I suspect he is a bit traumatized and anxious by the transistion, but does anyone have suggestions beyond kenneling him all day? We tried leaving them locked in our bedroom (which is the same type of environemnt that they were in while staying with me in the basement suite) with disasterous effects (walls scratched, pee and poo everywhere).

Thanks!