Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Fila Love

Cleo was so hard to get into the back of my suv. She was afraid that she was going to be dropped off and not come back home with us. I started with very short trips, down our long driveway and back, down the street and back, a little farther each time. Now, she want's to go every chance she can.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Top Dog

You could also, if it will fit, get a study/lightweight crate or box to keep in the back of the car and use as a step for him. Just pop it on the ground behind the car and see if he'll do it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Mutts to you

I did buy a ramp years ago for my Rottie mix (and now use it with the other dogs). She had problems with her hips so jumping up into the van was not an option and lifting 110 lbs was no fun either. I also worried about her jumping out of the van and putting stress on her shoulders so I used the ramp for getting in and out. It was much easier on both of us, especially as she got older.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey