Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 05-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Blue_Dog

I didn't know about the new martins doors. The rat forum I go on are pretty much FN/CN fans, so that's all I hear about. :P

That sucks about the CN, rusting. My FN were fine at least.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

I've owned rats for 2 years; and it sounds like aggression caused by hormones and being excited. My girls get very excited when they're cage is cleaned, especially when there is a new addition in the cage. Rats have a certain pack order and males especially, as they are growing up and hitting that age will fight and be dominant. So, I wouldn't worry about the squeaking too much. They'll do plenty of it at this age when establishing dominance.

I suggest taking a look at Rat Behavior and Biology, it really helped me understand my rats more. I printed the whole website out.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post
I've owned rats for 2 years; and it sounds like aggression caused by hormones and being excited. My girls get very excited when they're cage is cleaned, especially when there is a new addition in the cage. Rats have a certain pack order and males especially, as they are growing up and hitting that age will fight and be dominant. So, I wouldn't worry about the squeaking too much. They'll do plenty of it at this age when establishing dominance.

I suggest taking a look at Rat Behavior and Biology, it really helped me understand my rats more. I printed the whole website out.
Unfortunately, Sprocket bit me while he was out of the cage last night and drew blood so he's getting neutered. Excitement I can deal with but random biting I can't. But that link is way cool and I'll definitely use it, thank you!

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Blue_Dog

((goodvibes)) for a good neuter!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 AM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Dog View Post
I didn't know about the new martins doors. The rat forum I go on are pretty much FN/CN fans, so that's all I hear about. :P

That sucks about the CN, rusting. My FN were fine at least.
Oh, I'm sure I'll probably end up getting a CN one day anyway, just because I'm like that.

But for now, I think I am going to go with a Martin's at first to try it out.
I was going to go with the R-695, but I may go with the next one bigger.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Dog View Post
((goodvibes)) for a good neuter!
Haha thanks! I'm going to get him in as soon as possible. We had to pick him up with a towel to get him in the travel cage so we could clean the main one last night. And now I'm really tweaky and mildly afraid to pick either of them up so he needs to get some parts removed SOON so we can get back to normal lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013