Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Default Should I, or should I not?

I've been thinking about rescuing a dog. After a disscusion with my mom, I've been thinking and I want your guy's opinions. As of now, I have plenty of time on my hands and I would be able to take care of a new dog.
But this fall I'm going to be going into FACA (First Assembley Christian Acadamey[sp?]) as a freshman. I'll be at school (or in the car going and coming form school) from 7:00 to 3:30. Then I'll most likely have to do my homework which will probably take anywhere from 4:00 to 5:00, depending on the amount of work I have to do.
On that schedule, I'd still have time for my two doggies and a third addition. But in early or late spring next year, I'll be getting a puppy to raise for Leader Dogs for the Blind. Wesley, my 9yr old bro who LOVES dogs, can help me with the LD puppy and any new dog I get, while I'm at school. I'm also not in any sport or extra activity, besides paino lessons.

So I guess what I'm wondering is this:
Would it be too difficult having four dogs (one being a puppy), on that type of schedule? I really think I'd have time to do all that, but if I can't, it would kinda be to late if I had already gotten a dog. What do you guys think? Anybody have that type of schedule and still find time to be with your dogs? If you do, is it difficult? (And when I say difficult, I mean practicly impossible.)

I just really want to think this through before I get anther dog, just to make sure I will have enough time for it.