Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Walks into Mordor

I had the same problem with Zeus. He doesn't like nylabones, kongs, rope tugs or tennis balls. No interest whatsoever. He was like Lily, though, and liked soft things. But he shredded stuffed toys in an instant. We got him a piece of very sturdy stuffed fire hose from Pecto, with a squeaker in it. It's his favorite. I also know they make nice, durable canvas toys as well.

I wouldn't do the sock thing, unless you want ALL your socks to end up as playtoys. I did that with my golden retreiver and it was a big mistake. I guess dogs can't tell one sock from another, LoL.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:01 AM
no touchy

Youc could try putting a squeaky ball in a sock then tying it closed at the top.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Puppy Dog

My puppy really like little stuff animals that he can pick up & walk around with. I found a really nice one at Petsmart that sounds like it has little balls in it when he kicks it around & then when he bites on another part of it, it sounds like crinkling paper. He also like to play the big plastic blocks that children play with. They are pretty sturdy.Maybe Lilly would like those.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Rusty but Trusty

well I got her a puppy pack of different nylabones today but ofcourse "Miss Proper" won't have anything to do with those. I don't think she really likes to play, whenever I put her and Hannah in the kitchen to have doggy time alone together she is always trying to find a way to get back and lay on the couch or be with me. I think she is just too serious of a puppy to find play entertaining...is this possible?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Ok, I have to type really quiet so as not to disturb her but Lily is chewing on one of her new puppy nylabones (YEAH). I'm happy now, because I didn't just waste ten bucks on something she's never going to use.