I need name ideas!

Romy

Taxiderpy
I wouldn't give up on finding her owners yet. She could have been stolen and escaped, her family may have left her with dog sitters and still be out of town, and not even know she's missing. Someone could have found her in another state or county and driven her home only to lose her in a totally foreign area and her family would never know to look there.

Have you contacted breed rescue to see if they have any lost dog reports that match her description?

As someone who has a lost chipped dog still out there somewhere, I would hope that anyone thinking of keeping a found dog do their utmost to find their family. I mean, I hope Anko is safe and with a loving family vs. dead or stray, but at the same time it breaks my heart that she isn't with me. :(

Bunny82

Oh gosh! She is a beauty! LOL my mother would be in absolute love!

Oh for name suggestion...

What about "Promise" as in you "promise" to help find her owners, find her a home, etc..

You could shorten it to "Missy". LOL she looks like a "Missy" to me.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Oh, I haven't thought about checking a breed rescue... I shall call them later today. I'm sorry Romy, I didn't know you had a lost dog out there. :(

And yes, she has been checked for a chip at two different vets. She also still has her dewclaws. How uncommon is that? I know Suzie has hers, but she is a mutt. Gosh, I really like the names Dante and Cara right now.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
And yes, she has been checked for a chip at two different vets. She also still has her dewclaws. How uncommon is that? I know Suzie has hers, but she is a mutt. Gosh, I really like the names Dante and Cara right now.
Of she wasn't bred for show (like, maybe a BYB or puppymill type thing) then it's common for dogs to have dews.

I still love Cara. hehe :) She is gorgeous.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Of she wasn't bred for show (like, maybe a BYB or puppymill type thing) then it's common for dogs to have dews.

I still love Cara. hehe :) She is gorgeous.
Also depends on the breed. Don't know about goldens, but I have four dogs out of five with dewclaws. Papillons are allowed to be shown either way.

I wouldn't give up on finding owners yet either. It's only been a few days, right?

I like Cara better than Dante. To me Dante is a male name.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
She is beautiful, but I don't think from a perfect breeder, because she most certainly has something wrong with her legs. The Vet assistant thinks that she has at least a slight form of hip dysplysia.

We haven't given up yet, but the owner hasn't made an effort anywhere near us. I am going to contact the National Rescue soon, I'll see what they say. We can't post found ads in each paper in all of the neighboring towns.

Members online

No members online now.