Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-11-2010, 04:31 PM
orange iguanas.

Default Well that's disappointing

Juno was all signed up for her agility foundations class, it was set to start this Thursday. The class is at 8 and I work until ~6:30 so it was perfect, I'd have time to swing home and grab her.

I get an email from the trainer today. She changed the start date to next Thursday--meh, that's okay. Then I continue reading and she also changed the time to 7:00! No way can I make that. The only way it could work is if I brought Juno to work with me (which, I probably could) and then just go straight to class.... but the facility is in a kind of crappy part of town so I'm not comfortable going alone.

GRRR having a job always screws everything up lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Can you use flex hours at work? I don't have set hours (it's a cubicle job), and I generally put in 10ish hours the other days of the week, so it allows me to leave a little early on agility day. My agility class is at 7:10, and I'm generally a mess on that day trying to get out of work at a decent time to make it home, change out of heels/skirt and get the dog in the car with enough time to make it to class, so I feel you.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
orange iguanas.

Unfortunately no. My hours are relatively flexible but there's just some stuff I can't do until the clinic closes at 6 (mopping, vacuuming), so the earliest I ever finish is like 6:15, but that's kind of rare.... then of course there are the days that appointments run super late, and everyone is there till almost 7...

It actually seems like she might push it back to 8:00 again because there are other people that can't make the earlier time either. So hopefully that is the case, and we'll be good to go.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Top Dog

Well boo I hope it gets pushed back then!

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Well thats crummy. I feel yah though. I was hopping to get Teagan into agility this summer, but its just not going to happen because classes are always in the eveing. I work in the evening or the weekend, which does not work either because. Tyler is away so I will be doing alot of visiting and camping. Augh but I am crossing my fingers for the winter which should work out.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Have you talked to the instructor about it? If the classes are really small then it might make a difference if you let her know that it makes it harder for you to attend. Explain your situation and maybe you can work something out, like staying a little after class to make up what you missed from the beginning?

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

That sucks ! Hopefully you can work things out . Good luck !!!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 05-11-2010, 08:56 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Have you talked to the instructor about it? If the classes are really small then it might make a difference if you let her know that it makes it harder for you to attend. Explain your situation and maybe you can work something out, like staying a little after class to make up what you missed from the beginning?
Yep, when she sent the email about the time change she wanted to know if there was anyone who wouldn't be able to attend. So I let her know we couldn't do 7:00 and she said there were 2 other people that couldn't come at that time either. Soo then she said she'll probably push it back later. It's a little frustrating because it seemed like the date/time for this class was already set in stone, but I'm glad she's being flexible about it. I really like the sound of this place and don't want to go on the search for another facility!

Quote:
Well thats crummy. I feel yah though. I was hopping to get Teagan into agility this summer, but its just not going to happen because classes are always in the eveing. I work in the evening or the weekend, which does not work either because. Tyler is away so I will be doing alot of visiting and camping. Augh but I am crossing my fingers for the winter which should work out.
Urgh don't ya hate it! I wish we would have started a foundations class in the winter though. Because by the time we're done with foundations and actually get started on the equipment, there will probably be snow on the ground and we won't be able to practice at home!

Old 05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Agility freak!

Hope she pushes it back! I know the trainer I'm working with pushed the class Rhyme and Bella are in back by 30 mins or so so we'd be able to make it.

Mom's pup, Rhyme, and Bella are both taking foundations agility classes right now, just started last night! Good luck!

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog