Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 04-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Salty Sea Dog

giggle, warning there highly addictive Taqroy, wait till you get them all settled in and they start bruxing lol, when there happy they grind their teeth and make this funky little noise and their eyeballs bug out a lil and vibrate LOL.
my male loki would brux whenever i scritched his belly, hed roll over so i could give hiim belly scritches, and Merlin loved having behind his ears scritched.

my females were MUCH less affectionate but i had alot of fun training them and teaching them tricks, they LOVED to learn, anything for yoghurt with them lol.

females tend to be more active and "bright"
males tend to be more snuggle bugs (and can be down right Lazy!)

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 04-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Top Dog

Hah! I'm already thinking about getting more...lol. I really want these guys to be comfortable around us and see exactly how much work it is maintaining their cage first tho. Sprocket is by far my favorite at this point. He's much much bigger than I thought he was and he's much friendlier than Cogs. We're working on trust training but it takes so long! I like instant gratification lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Salty Sea Dog

yogies, (or any yoghurt drops), food is the way to any ratties "trust center" (their stomach) open the cage and feed them by hand.
NEVER feed a ratty through the bars, they sometimes have a had time distinguising between fingers and food and snatch sometimes, feeding through the bars seems to escalate this behaviour.

of course, let them come to you and start just feeding them, id also sit by their cage and just talk to them, you may feel a little silly but rats have EXCELENT hearing so getting them used to the sound of your voice is great.
when you feed them, talk to them softly, they startle sometimes so talking to them before reaching into their cage just lets them know your there.

i would also take some of fleece and sleep with it for a few nights then put it in their cage...getting them used to your scent is a great idea too, they have excelent noses.

dont worry, theyll come round rather quickly if theres treats involved.

yoggies, babyfood, cherios, any fruit (mine loved blueberries and strawberries) bits of cooked chicken, and cooked pasta seemed to be the favorites, but they can eat anything.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets