Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Question Is this normal

Ok have another question about Lily. Usually with my pups at her age I am taking them out every half an hour or so to go potty and they will go. Well, Lily will only go potty every three hours or so when taken out. She hasn't had an accident in the house yet (two in her crate). So she is not going anywhere else, just outside. I'll take her out and play with her like twenty minutes or so but she just doesn't go. I tell her "go potty" and she just jumps around. Are 3 month olds suppose to be able to hold their bladder like this? Even after she drinks a lot of water she'll still hold it for hours at a time. It's just wierd because I've never had a puppy do this before, it's sort of the opposite of the usual taking them out every half an hour.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:36 PM

wow...sounds like you are very lucky this time. I was up to every 3 or 4 hours for both my pups at that age. she may need to go out sooner once her appetite goes into overdrive! she is a real beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with my pups, I saw their particular 'pattern' within the first 2 weeks. she sounds normal to me.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Rusty but Trusty

ok, good. I was thinking maybe once she started eating regularly and playing more she'd have to go out more too. Thank you for her compliment.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Top Dog

I don't know, pups are so different the first few days. Tips didn't have any accident at all then he started after 3 days. I think that it will probably change once she's more accustomed to the house.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Rusty but Trusty

she probably will start going more in a few days. I FINALLY got her to eat. She ate about a 3/4 cup of just the food from the breeder with a little bit of canned food (Eagle Pack).
Old 10-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Love my pets

Eagle Pack seems to do the trick. We had to put some in Jake's food too. He loves it.