Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Big Dog

Some of my friends dogs:

Breaking down beef head meat:

One of our freezers:

A friends freezer:

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
Dr. Tom Lonsdale

http://www.dogfoodchat.com/forum/

ProperCarnivoreNutrition
Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Big Dog

Some videos (since pictures don't show the process):

8 week old Dane puppy:

YouTube - Akasha's first chicken wing

12 week old Dane puppy and unsure Bailey:

YouTube - Akasha and the fish (raw fed Great Dane)

Emmy v the turkey carcass:

YouTube - Emmy vs the Turkey Carcass (raw fed dog)

Shiloh v the chicken quarter:

YouTube - jonatwood's Channel

The pack:

Dr. Tom Lonsdale

ProperCarnivoreNutrition
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Big Dog

And for the cats:

Dr. Tom Lonsdale

ProperCarnivoreNutrition
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 AM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
FWIW, I've never been able to find the RMB's in the feed store either, I've found everything else, but no RMB's I'll just have to look harder next time, like you I guess! Maybe I'll actually ask someone this time though! LOL

Also, if you can't go full raw you could possibly could partial raw (if you get the OK). Thats what I'm doing with Harleigh. She gets Acana Grasslands in the morning and RAW at night, just a thought It's working pretty well for us right now.

My parents don't really care, but I've been allotted this space in the freezer (I could probably use more, but I don't want to take all of it up! LOL:P):

I don't have a lot of space to work with, but I make it work. I don't buy in bulks either, just pick up what I need or whats on sale and go from there. It's working quite well for us, not sure if it would work for you, but just sticking it out there! Haha!!!
Ya know I suppose I could do partial raw. There are a few days a week where my mom feeds all the meals because I'm not around, and she'd never be willing to give something other than kibble--but the days that I am home during meal time, I could probably do a little something. I'd have to look into it more so I don't screw anything up. But if she's okay with rec bones, then I don't see what the problem would be if I took it a step further... it's all raw!

I do have a picture of Juno nomming a bone:

(fyi I took the bone away once the meat was off, because yes it was a femur... didn't know they were kind of a "no no" until after I'd bought it).

BabyDane--those freezer setups are rather incredible. Just the organization alone has me wowed lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDane View Post
Some of my friends dogs:

A friends freezer:

I WANT that freezer! That's so awesome!

I feed RMBs on occasion, but I'm not up to all raw yet. Maybe someday when I can manage my own meals, I can start managing the dog meals As it is I try to get some raw in every week, even if it's just some eggs here and there. If I could afford it I'd just feed the premade raw.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
BabyDane--those freezer setups are rather incredible. Just the organization alone has me wowed lol.
Yeah, that is ONE of our 3 freezers. Well....we have two personal freezers and have invaded my moms freezer with more meat. We just can't pass up a good deal when we come across it LOL

When it comes to raw feeding, even just one dog, I feel that a freezer is a key tool and a necessity. If you find a meat deal that you can't pass up you should always (hopefully) have room to take it on. Since we go through ~8-10 pounds of food per day in our house, it doesn't take long to make more room for more meats. Heck, our last "haul" from our CL ad got us close to 400 pounds of various meat sources for only $100

Dr. Tom Lonsdale

ProperCarnivoreNutrition
Old 04-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Very impressive set up, BabyDane. One of the reasons I can't feed all raw right now is definitely SPACE, lol.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Big Dog

And another friend's freezer, she feeds just one Ridgeback:

Dr. Tom Lonsdale

ProperCarnivoreNutrition
Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 AM
just call me Nilly

I don't have ANY pictures of Sierra eating... but I have raw CATS!

Buddy with Quail. He used to get VERY growly over his food, which is why he has that look on his face.

Nya, also with quail. She's always been the dainty one

I don't have any recent pics at all, and these are from my very first digital camera ever (hence the stupidly bad quality). I'll have to take more with this thread in mind!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 04-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Top Dog

I don't have any freezer pics. We have a chest freezer in the garage and about half is used for the dogs. I don't worry about packaging it up. If I have a 10lb bag of leg quarters, I take that out and thaw it and feed those til they are gone. Right now I'm working on about 15lbs of pork shoulder. The bone part with meat attached was last nights meal. Tonight I'll use the boneless meat and leg quarters together.

Can I ask why people would buy Primal brand stuff that they could get in the grocery store for a lot less $$? If you have a small dog, a small package of pork necks or wings or thighs is cheap. With my dogs I buy by the case. Last week I bought a case of leg quarters, a case of whole chickens, and a case of pork shoulders. Things I don't use as much of- liver, fish, etc, I buy at the grocery store.

It really doesn't take that much space, you don't need a setup like baby Dane has, especially for a single dog or a couple small dogs.

Deer shoulder:

Yeah, I'm one of them too.