Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Wild At Heart

Default Picture Thread for RAW feeders!

I wasn't sure if there was one on here (I hadn't seen one!), so I figured it would be cool to start a new thread about it.

There is 1 on the two other forums I'm on and it has helped me a lot... So if anyone has any raw pictures they want to share, go right ahead It can be pre-made raw or just the regular stuff:P

I'll start...

Chicken Wings

Chicken Gizzards and Hearts

Chicken Livers

Pork Necks

Ground Turkey

Last nights dinner.. Chicken Wing, 1/4 of Chicken Quarter, Chicken Gizzards, Chicken Hearts, Chicken Liver and BOG sprinkled on top... in other words: lots of chicken in this one:P

Can I please eat mom??????

Harleigh's dinner tonight... Chicken Wings, Egg, Yogurt, Ground Turkey, BOG and Cheese (cheese was there because I had some leftover after giving her CranCap to her!)

So.... Share some pictures!!!!!!!

Harleigh <3
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Very Food Agressive

Ohh I think this is an awesome thread, pictures of meals are a good way to give beginners or future feeders and idea of how to put their own together!

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Water Junkie

I don't usually take any pictures of the raw I feed, but this is a good idea!

I'm sure you've heard this before, but I couldn't help but mention. You might want to feed something bigger than a chicken wing. Your dog looks pretty big (but I could be wrong from just looking at the pics). I would be worried feeding such small bones to a large dog.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Resident fainting goat

What your typical primal nuggets look like (romeo gets one in the morning and one at night) its a premade raw. it has everything in there he needs (organs, bones, etc..etc..)

and he gets one of these...every morning. Raw meaty bones!

sometimes he also gets some cottage cheese, an egg, and stuff like that..

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Water Junkie

Fran, where do you buy the things you posted in the last picture?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Wild At Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
I don't usually take any pictures of the raw I feed, but this is a good idea!

I'm sure you've heard this before, but I couldn't help but mention. You might want to feed something bigger than a chicken wing. Your dog looks pretty big (but I could be wrong from just looking at the pics). I would be worried feeding such small bones to a large dog.
Don't worry... She doesn't usually get just Chicken Wings

She usually gets 1 of those and/or (most times both of them!) either whole or 1/2 Chicken Quarter/Pork Neck/Chicken Back/Turkey Neck/etc... in other words, she most times gets bigger sources of meat, but I picked the wrong thing out of the freezer and didn't have time to thaw out the other (studying for finals tomorrow *panic*).

She's not a gulper either, she chews every bone until its really tiny pieces too, so I'm not as worried feeding her such small protein/meat sources (I wasn't sure if that was your concern or her not getting enough bone/etc, so I figured I would answer both!) For being such a food hog, she sure does go slow on those raw bones!

She's only on half raw too, can't remember if I mentioned that or not, but I'll go ahead and do it! And she's 69-70 pounds, so she's about a medium-large dog

Thanks though!!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Fran, where do you buy the things you posted in the last picture?
Everything comes from primal. They sell both the pre-made raw and the Raw meaty bones
you can locate where its sold here: Primal Pet Foods: Store Locator

I get mine from the Wholesome Hound
The Wholesome Hound suppliers of healthy dog food, healthy cat food in Dothan, Alabama. Pet food health store

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
Everything comes from primal. They sell both the pre-made raw and the Raw meaty bones
you can locate where its sold here: Primal Pet Foods: Store Locator
Thanks for posting that, Fran! They sell it where I already get the dogs' food, I'll have to check out pricing.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 AM
orange iguanas.

For some reason I can't find the Primal RMBs. I go to the freezer labeled "PRIMAL" lol and I find the premade raw diets and rec bones... but no RMBs! Maybe I'm just blind lol, me and Juno should make a run up there tomorrow to take another peak.

I wish I could feed raw. Wish wish wish. Even though my mom thinks the dogs would get salmonella from a raw diet (thank you, Mr. Veterinarian), she does not mind the rec bones... maybe I should push her some more haha. I don't think we'd have the freezer space though (barely have enough room for the human food).

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Wild At Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
For some reason I can't find the Primal RMBs. I go to the freezer labeled "PRIMAL" lol and I find the premade raw diets and rec bones... but no RMBs! Maybe I'm just blind lol, me and Juno should make a run up there tomorrow to take another peak.

I wish I could feed raw. Wish wish wish. Even though my mom thinks the dogs would get salmonella from a raw diet (thank you, Mr. Veterinarian), she does not mind the rec bones... maybe I should push her some more haha. I don't think we'd have the freezer space though (barely have enough room for the human food).
FWIW, I've never been able to find the RMB's in the feed store either, I've found everything else, but no RMB's I'll just have to look harder next time, like you I guess! Maybe I'll actually ask someone this time though! LOL

Also, if you can't go full raw you could possibly could partial raw (if you get the OK). Thats what I'm doing with Harleigh. She gets Acana Grasslands in the morning and RAW at night, just a thought It's working pretty well for us right now.

My parents don't really care, but I've been allotted this space in the freezer (I could probably use more, but I don't want to take all of it up! LOL:P):

I don't have a lot of space to work with, but I make it work. I don't buy in bulks either, just pick up what I need or whats on sale and go from there. It's working quite well for us, not sure if it would work for you, but just sticking it out there! Haha!!!