Emergency! Vibes needed please!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I need some emergency vibes/good thoughts/prayers for Rogue, please. He has been doing -so- much better lately, then today I come home from work and am told he has been having a hard time breathing all night. Sure enough, I look and his chest is moving up and down... but barely. Honestly, with the last few visits he has had, my bank account is -not- allowing an emerg vet visit... so I gave him his prednisone and am watching him like a hawk, and hoping for the best.

Please... I just want him to make it through the night :(

jess2416

Who woulda thought
sending all the good thoughts and vibes I have...

(((((HUGS))))))

Brattina88

{{{{{{vibes!!!!!}}}}

what is up with you little guy? :( I hope everything tens out ok. Have you tried the vaporizor trick or something like that?

Labyrinth

I didn't see this until this morning :(

Sounds like a crash. He needs sugar to stabilize and will probably need his pred dosage adjusted. If you can get some ferretvite or karo syrup into him (or just rub it on his gums if he won't eat it), otherwise he'll need to get it intravenously from the vet. I hope he made it through the night.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Thanks guys :) <3
Labyrinth - he is not my insulinomic guy, he is on the pred for asthma. I am however going to be asking to up his dosage or something, as it did help once I gave him some.

Just popped in to update you all. He seems a bit better, more perky this morning when I was giving out FerreTone. His breathing is still a little laboured, so off to the vet we go today. Our appointment is for 2. Not out of the woods yet, but hopefully once and for all we can get to the end of this mystery.

Labyrinth

Oh thank goodness :)

You said pred so I'd just assumed he was the insulinomic one and I've seen firsthand how quickly they can go downhill from that. Very glad to hear that he's doing a bit better this morning, hope the vet can give you some good news :)

Members online