Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Peril View Post
Most of my dogs name themselves.
care to elaborate?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Sport Model Pug

Izzie was named because i love Grey's Anatomy and was trying to get a name from there. I had it down to Bailey, Isobel (Izzie), and Callie... Callie was out though because my friend's name is that, Bailey is so common and i didn't really want it. Izzie is my little blondie, she's the lightest of my crew, and has a bubbly personality so i went with Isobel for her lol. It fits her perfectly.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 AM
Active Pup

my chow hannah was already named when I got her, I'm not sure how or why her previous owners chose that name but it kind of suits her. I contiplated changing her name when I got her but she went thru s many changes in her life I thought I'd at least let her keep her name.

When I got my pom I started calling him jesse then changed it to jinx, then it was mort, then mortimer (my brothers granddaughters were helping me with some of these names) then later we went to papa murphy's for dinner...so yup, you guessed it, his name is murphy.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Active Pup

My dog name is Silver Bonus.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Game dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
care to elaborate?

Just upon there actions, like Charliee for example. Her official name is Charles Manson, Charliee for short. She is NUTS and has been since she was 11 weeks old. Hyper as hell, can jump over 8ft privacy fences and is crazy DA and is only 9 months old.

I usually name them like that, just based on their character,

Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Megi

Wink Hunter and Shadow!

Well My mother and brother's wanted to name them Starsky and Hutch But i didn't like that, ( Now my guinea pigs name is Starsky ) So instead of that we Named them Hunter and Shadow I think i was looking up Doggie names and found that and everybody like it so basiclly that's how they got there names i guess! But its suits them now!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Puppy Dog

I named my EM Abbi because she is such a girly dog. To me she just looked like an Abigail aka Abbi for short.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Active Pup

unless my dogs come with names (most are rescued) I name them after TV characters...... lastest Chandler
Old 07-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Ferret Keeper

Pax is the latin term for "Peace" which suits him well as he is a big huge pansy...

Jack came to us from the shelter called barksley :/ after just a week with him we changed it to JackJack from the incredibles... as he changes form and manner is seconds just like the baby does.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Shitzu Lover

We were babysitting my father in laws bosses dog named Otis which is now there best friend i loved Otis from the first moment i saw him so i decided that we would get a shitzu of our own we wanted something that reminded us of Otis and for some reason Oatmeal came to mind Don't know how that happened.

We got Kasumi after we realized that we loved the shitzu breed and my husband loved to play dead or alive beach volley ball Kasumi was his favorite player.

We found a lab/retriever mix on the side of the road after her mom had gotten hit by a car and there was no way i could leaver her there. When we brought her home she constantly cried i guess from missing her mom and being in a strange place and it reminded me of the elmo doll sometimes that thing can get pretty annoying.