Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

I thought it was a decent video. I use dominance when talking about training, mostly cause I don't get too upset by the term. To me, anybody or anything that is controlling the situation, is by my definition, "dominant". So I use it, and don't care if others get undies in a bunch when I do.

I like to use the term "pack" because they're dogs, and that's what we call groups of dogs, sometimes I call us a family too, mostly because I love them.

I don't make dogs sit at the door so I can go thru first to establish "pack order", I make them sit sometimes at doors because it's easier and safer and I am "the pack leader"

but "dominance" between dogs, absolutely 100%, exists between dogs in certain situations.

I think this video illustrated a few things. One is that people need to see that puppies aren't always just cute and cuddly and your toddler can get hurt if you aren't careful. I also think it does show how they interact. Some used big displays to "keep" what they had. the other didn't do anything, and nobody came to take either. why?