Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

They are beautiful, Porom looks just like my girl Romy.

Whats the dying process? Just dip them in regular mixed koolaid and water? No sugar added im assuming, but do you do less water than usual?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Wookie Collie

We just used the little packets of Koolaid, and added enough water to make it liquid, but still very saturated.

I used a basting brush to apply it to their fur... I'd rather not have it get into their skin too much as that can interfere with their skin producing oils properly. I try to just give the surface a good saturation.

It worked great for Rogue, as you can see... not Porom though. :P

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014

Last edited by AllieMackie; 03-20-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
They have different sizes. Obviously they adjust as far as the velcro will allow them. The size that Rascal and Porom have is small, fits neck 4-7" and waist 8-11 or something like that... cannot remember exactly. Then there is a size up to medium which is slightly bigger.

The small is too small on Ren around the neck, but the medium is too big for him around the waist, as he is all muscle.

I am not sure of the size of your three, but are they a little bigger? I have a medium that I bought that is too big for them really, so if you want I could ship it your way and you could see if it would fit yours? Atleast then if it is too big, you know you will need a small I really do like them, gives them a bit of warmth too in the colder weather I think, and like that they have the finder bell.

So yah, if you want feel free to pm me your address and I can send it over on Monday. As I said, it does not fit any of my 3, will not fit Porom by any means, and I know have 5 leashes/harnesses for 3 ferrets
Wow - that would be awesome!!!!!! *sends pm*
Peyton's a BIG girl, but I'd bet Izzy and Annie are smalls for sure... Especially now that they've lost their winter weight! Less pudge and all muscle, perfect size for getting into trouble lol

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 03-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

They are so cute! I love the little pink feet and tail.
I love ferrets! I have to be on my own before I can have one, though. My mom thinks they're awful and unmanageably smelly. Sigh.

Because I'm nosy, how are you and Jess related, Allie? I hope you don't mind me asking that. I just noticed you both have the ferrets in your siggies.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Because I'm nosy, how are you and Jess related, Allie? I hope you don't mind me asking that. I just noticed you both have the ferrets in your siggies.
It's okay to be nosy. Jess and I are close friends, she's over here visiting a lot and brings her trio. Palom(who passed recently) and Porom are mine, and the three R's are hers, but we tend to refer to them all as "ours". Her banner can confuse people. :P

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014