Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Mutts to you

If there's mud, the straw will get worked into it and become a soggy, muddy mess - make sure you buy a metal pitchfork... On the plus side, you can make bricks!

1/2 inch gravel works nicely, it packs down pretty well (you can buy a tamper at any hardware store), drains, is an easy surface to scoop and doesn't 'go back to the river' like river rock will (I swear that stuff floats!) We just had 19 tons dropped on our driveway/parking area - cost $200.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
If you have several dogs running frequently on a 30x30 plot of ground, you are going to have serious mud issues, especially if the root are not well established.
Oh, I know. We have an L shaped area 100x100 on the long sides and about 50x50 on the short sides, and having nice grass is something I long gave up. Still, I'd rather they feel grass and dirt under their feet than artificial surfaces or rock/gravel.

Yeah, I'm one of them too.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Top Dog

I like mulch better that gravel . Make some containers from rail road timbers to add some plants for color .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/