Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2010, 07:51 PM
CEO of the Candy Cult

Default preparing for trial?

Rush and Bear havent done any agility since November. Well, with the exception with DW/AF reps since it was all I had up in the yard when we got rain rain rain, snow snow snow lol. I was wondering what I should be working on for our upcoming trial? We havent trialed since Oct D:.

I am both extremely excited and extremely worried lol. We were just getting into our trialing shoes and really getting used to running together when weather made it impossible to even practice. I had the dogs do some AF reps today (mostly focusing on staying in 2o2o with lots of reward). It was all fun to give them something to do, I know Rush has gotten sick of fetch in the house. She was crazy excited to run around outside.

I keep thinking about what kind of courses I should set up or what I should focus on in practice this week and next week. I never do agility more then 3 times a week, so I want to get in important stuff. I am at a loss on what I should do though!

I am really hoping to take agility lessons over the summer and possibly a CU class. For some reason lessons always get pushed back!

Also if there is anything anyone could tell me about CU classes? I would be dying to know. I basically want to train what the book has to offer, but I also would love the proper environment to do it in.

Diane

Elusive Psychotic Thrill "Rush" -22 month old Border Collie-

Diane's Fuzzy Wuzzy "Honey Bear" -6 year old mix-