Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-03-2010, 02:26 PM
petperson

Default To all of you who foster

You're wonderful. You save the lives and sanity of so many dogs who would otherwise be thrown away. My beautiful Katie was rescued by a woman who fostered for the South Florida Humane Society. She was a neighbor to Katie's original owners, who kept her in a cage on the patio "because she sheds too much." They rarely let her out and yelled at her all the time.

Kathy fostered Katie for almost a year. Thanks to her, Katie knows how to live in a house, how to play--she didn't know how when Kathy took her in; how sad is that?--and how to trust people. Somewhat.

No matter how hard Kathy and the HS campaigned for Katie, nobody wanted her. Apparently large, black, Chow-like dogs are not a hot item. Then one day when I was looking for another dog, I saw her picture and said, "Good Lord! That's my dog!" And she was.

Katie is wonderful. That's the only word for her: WONDERFUL. But I truly believe that she would not have survived her second year with those nitwits who originally owned her. And even if they'd surrendered her to a no-kill shelter, what would she have been like after almost a year there?

Kathy saved my Katie's life and her sanity. HURRAH!! for everyone who fosters.